rochrunner's profile

Mentor

• 

98 Messages

Friday, May 24th, 2013 8:30 PM

"HDMI Link Integrity Check" Error

Nothing serious, but I have my remote set up to turn on my TV and wireless receiver with the one-press button method. Occasionally, I get a message such as "HDMI Link Integrity Check Error / Unable to display picture" on the screen, which I can clear by switching the TV input source to another input and back.

But what I find interesting is that the receiver is apparently displaying a message on my screen telling me that it is unable to display anything on the screen! How ridiculous is that?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

rochrunner - Two possible explanations for the message -
1. The message is from the TV - unlikely - usually message is - no signal.

2. Message means - unable to display programming because the receiver did not see a safe indicator. Gotta protect that content.

Your post promoted me to try a fix that I have been thinking about.

The turn on sequence is STB/TV. Is it possible to reverse it? Turns out it is - att/ok-977-tv-att-enter. Try it. See if it solves your problem.

If not, the answer is Logitech Harmony remote where you can add delay between power pulses.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

rochrunner - att/ok means press att & ok simultaneously. The enter button is bottom right (aka zoom).

The current power button cause the sequence - first the att receiver - second the TV. After the programming suggested the power sequence reverse to TV first receiver second.

Mentor

• 

98 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks, but I don't understand that sequence: not sure what "att/ok" means and I don't have an "enter" button.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

11 years ago

@aviewer wrote:
rochrunner - Two possible explanations for the message -
1. The message is from the TV - unlikely - usually message is - no signal.

2. Message means - unable to display programming because the receiver did not see a safe indicator. Gotta protect that content.

Your post promoted me to try a fix that I have been thinking about.

The turn on sequence is STB/TV. Is it possible to reverse it? Turns out it is - att/ok-977-tv-att-enter. Try it. See if it solves your problem.

If not, the answer is Logitech Harmony remote where you can add delay between power pulses.

Thanks aviewer!  Your best work, lol!  I have a new Hitachi LED TV that is finicky about turning on.  Revered the order and Voila! it's fixed!

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

dhascall - Thanks for posting your success story - another case to verify a method for overcoming an HDMI failure.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

11 years ago

@aviewer wrote:
dhascall - Thanks for posting your success story - another case to verify a method for overcoming an HDMI failure.

Anytime.  The only issue now, is that the Hitachi is finicky about turning off.  In a perfect world, my setup would be: ON: TV-STB and the same for off, instead of STB-TV.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

dhascall - Did you get turned around and say it backwards?? When on is TV- STB, off is also TV-STB. Watch the lights. Also, the remote does not know if it is power up or power down. It is just a toggle. Every power push produces the same sequence.

If you really need to reverse the order to see that the STB turns off before the TV you need to have the power follow the mode button & push it twice & a mode button push, in between. That us the way I have my point anywhere set to be sure the STB turns off because the STB is hidden.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

11 years ago

@aviewer wrote:
dhascall - Did you get turned around and say it backwards?? When on is TV- STB, off is also TV-STB. Watch the lights. Also, the remote does not know if it is power up or power down. It is just a toggle. Every power push produces the same sequence.

If you really need to reverse the order to see that the STB turns off before the TV you need to have the power follow the mode button & push it twice & a mode button push, in between. That us the way I have my point anywhere set to be sure the STB turns off because the STB is hidden.

Thanks.  I figured that out, after I wrote it.  The turn off issue may be related to LED interference.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

dhascall - Yeah, my new Toshiba, that is on the floor is finicky about pointing the remote. Any, lack of sensitivity on these devices really kills the ability to have a one button multistep process.

Now that I have tape over the main STB IR maybe I should try the one button -three steps favorite guide again.

Guru

• 

675 Messages

10 years ago

@aviewer wrote:

This HDMI Error has been driving me crazy for weeks.  I even went out and bought an $80.00 cable thinking that was the problem, but it wasn't. I've cycled on and off several times now and this seems to have done the trick.

Thanks aviewer!  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.