sunshi500's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, November 9th, 2013 4:11 AM

increasing dvr storage

Can you please advise on how we can increase our dvr storage space?  We can record 65hrs of hd recording, and my parents who just got dvr can record triple that!  Can our current recordings be  transferred with some sort of upgrade?

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

10 years ago

I was charged $100 for my first 2250 DVR, but I eventually got a free one because the first one was replaced by a 1216 which also had to be replaced with another 2250.  If the price has dropped to $50 then that is great.  If you need a replacement DVR and you get a higher capacity one, it will be free. 

Former Employee

• 

549 Messages

10 years ago

Hello sunshi500,

Just checking up on your post. I see that 'My Thoughts' and RCSMG offered great insight with this situation. If you would still like to upgrade your DVR unit then feel free to let me know and I'll be glad to discuss some options in getting a replacement. Thanks! Smiley Happy

Voyager

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

We have U450 and HD.  I was quoted a cost of $105 to replace VIP1225 (250GB) with 500GB DVR.  I would have considered $50 as reasonable shipping and handling.  If ATT agrees new U450 customers should have 500GB, then why not loyal customers.

@RCSMG wrote:

I was charged $100 for my first 2250 DVR, but I eventually got a free one because the first one was replaced by a 1216 which also had to be replaced with another 2250.  If the price has dropped to $50 then that is great.  If you need a replacement DVR and you get a higher capacity one, it will be free. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.