tji21's profile

Mentor

• 

36 Messages

Wednesday, January 9th, 2013 10:59 PM

iPSU required for iNID pair bonding setup

Can someone confirm whether or not the huge iPSU device is required for my iNID pair bonding setup?

I have the i3812v + i38HG combo but am trying to clean up some space in my closet.  The iPSU battery backup is giganic and I want to see if I can eliminate it since I don't use ATT VOIP only Internet & TV.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

11 years ago

In an iNID setup, I believe the iPSU is required regardless of the services you have purchased. The iPSU is not just the battery backup, but also the power supply for the iNID itself. If you remove it, the iNID actually won't have any power.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

428 Messages

11 years ago

To clarify, the iPSU doesn't hold a battery backup unless you have cvoip. If it's TV+HSIA then a tech won't install the battery inside the ipsu. The ipsu is both a logical component of the inid setup as well as a power supply and is mandatory.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

tji21 - I believe the IPSU is only installed with VOIP. So, you would not need it , but it is good to have if you have any short power hits.

Also, you would need a different/replacement power cord/brick.

What do you think about moving it to the basement??

Mentor

• 

36 Messages

11 years ago

If the iPSU turns out to be required then I will look to relocate in the garage vs. closet shelf were it is located now.

Mentor

• 

36 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks for the clarification.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.