how to snyc audio for three TV's

how to sync audio for three TV's

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

11 years ago

Can you explain a little more about what you're asking?  I'm going to take a stab at what I think you're looking for.

I think what you're saying is that when you tune to the same program on three different TV's with different Set Top Boxes that the audio is out of sync.  The video is very likely also out of sync, but you might not be able to tell this because you can't see the three TV's a the same time, but you can hear them.

The problem here is that each of the STB's has a buffer where it stores the content as it decodes it before display.  It uses that to smooth out any periods where a packet or two may get delayed or dropped.  Each STB has its own buffer and the size of that buffer can vary.  You can attempt to change channels and come back to sync them, but that may or may not do any good.

If you have 3 TV's that close together and you always watch the same thing, you might want to consider using a single STB and feeding its output to the 3 TVs.  That would keep them in sync.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

yes,  you have it correct. Thank you for your response.  There is a slight delay in audio from one to the other. So now I will find out what STB's are.  I'm wondering wha tit means to feed output to each TV? Does this mean a cord from one room to another???

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

11 years ago

Sorry, STB is short for Set Top Box, or the U-verse television receiver. For HD television, you can hook both the component (3 video cables and 2 audio cables for a connection) and HDMI (1 single cable) outputs up to two different TVs by just running each kind of cable from the STB to a different TV.  For SD television, you have the coax (1 cable) or composite (1 video cable and 2 audio cables) that you can do the same thing with.

If you want more than 2 TV's, you would need some way to divide the signal.  With coax (SD only), that's a simple coax splitter.

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

As jeffermc mentioned you can switch the channel up or down and back to the original channel until they sync.  I have done this while watching a NASCAR race.  It takes patience until you get it right.  Sometimes it takes around 3 times.  Other times I've had to fiddle with it foe 4 or 5 minutes.  Persistence pays off in the long run!!Smiley Wink

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

My tv won't connet to the tv no signal and the colors on the box is different please help

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

8 years ago

Is it a new box?  Or a box that just stopped working?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.