how to set up vcr to record

Mentor

how to set up vcr to record

bought a new tv lg the other connections worked PERFECT did the same ones no signal from vcr i have the vcr hooked into the the dvr box cable input to the dvr box, dvr box to tv,

dvd player hooked up to the 5 ports on the back of the tv there are only 5 ports,

my old tv you had tv input 1(dvd player) input 2(vcr player) this new tv has tv, avg, comp.(dvd player), hmi, i saw someone said use the hdmi

bestbuy told me a splitter but i was able to hook it up before and it worked perfect PLEASE HELP

Message 1 of 22 (4,062 Views)
Mentor

Re: how to set up vcr to record

i got it too play on the avg but i want the hookup as i had before where i was able to watch the tv from the vcr

do i hook up cables from dvr box to vhs

as i was able to do this before why not now i had no cables hooked up to the tv before they were hooked

from vcr to dvr able to get tv signal

Message 16 of 22 (3,915 Views)
Mentor

GOT IT EXACTdoes exactly what i want it too do. i was getting the vcr to play then figured set the channels to the cable box VIOLA  i heard sound then a picture. YOU ARE THE BEST!!!

Message 17 of 22 (3,910 Views)
Mentor

guess i will use an hdmi cable as cannot use the comp for dvd but that is ok.
Message 18 of 22 (3,906 Views)
Mentor

vcr to dvr coaxial cable dvr to tv coxial cable vcr to avg

Message 19 of 22 (3,901 Views)
Professor

So did the pictures help from the link I provided?

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Stimpy: So what'll happen?

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"

yes it did that was great but i did need 2 coax cables one dvr to vcr , vcr to tv i figured somehow the dvr had to get a signal to the vcr. it was way different than my last set up. also i needed to program the vcr set up the channels it could not read anything. i figured that too how could it read channel 3 if the vcr had no channels programmed.

THANKS Smiley Happy

Message 21 of 22 (3,829 Views)
Highlighted
Mentor

i am going to get an hdmi for the dvd as the vcr is plugged into the ports on the tv

Message 22 of 22 (3,828 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.