bunny06's profile

Mentor

• 

45 Messages

Monday, April 8th, 2013 11:15 PM

how to set up vcr to record

bought a new tv lg the other connections worked PERFECT did the same ones no signal from vcr i have the vcr hooked into the the dvr box cable input to the dvr box, dvr box to tv,

dvd player hooked up to the 5 ports on the back of the tv there are only 5 ports,

my old tv you had tv input 1(dvd player) input 2(vcr player) this new tv has tv, avg, comp.(dvd player), hmi, i saw someone said use the hdmi

bestbuy told me a splitter but i was able to hook it up before and it worked perfect PLEASE HELP

Mentor

• 

45 Messages

11 years ago

hi thanks they send you a dvd instead of a manuel.

there are 5 components on the back ot the tv  3 for the hookup 2 for the sound so i think i hook the vcr up to the tv instead of the dvd player or vice versa and set tv to component.

maybe i can take a picture and sent as an attachment that would be best thanks

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

Really no need for pictures. Just follow the info in the second link and it should work out for you.

Mentor

• 

45 Messages

11 years ago

well that does look simple so you need 2 coaxial wires i just had one, dvr to tv

i was thinking how does the vcr get the signal.

Mentor

• 

45 Messages

11 years ago

seeing there is only 1 comp on the tv maybe the vcr should go there and see if i can use an hdmi for dvd to tv. actually that would work better those 5 wires are a pain if my dvd has an hdmi port.

that diagram is making it easy hope it works

Mentor

• 

45 Messages

11 years ago

i got it too play on the avg but i want the hookup as i had before where i was able to watch the tv from the vcr

do i hook up cables from dvr box to vhs

as i was able to do this before why not now i had no cables hooked up to the tv before they were hooked

from vcr to dvr able to get tv signal

Mentor

• 

45 Messages

11 years ago

GOT IT EXACTdoes exactly what i want it too do. i was getting the vcr to play then figured set the channels to the cable box VIOLA  i heard sound then a picture. YOU ARE THE BEST!!!

Mentor

• 

45 Messages

11 years ago

guess i will use an hdmi cable as cannot use the comp for dvd but that is ok.

Mentor

• 

45 Messages

11 years ago

vcr to dvr coaxial cable dvr to tv coxial cable vcr to avg

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

So did the pictures help from the link I provided?

Mentor

• 

45 Messages

11 years ago

yes it did that was great but i did need 2 coax cables one dvr to vcr , vcr to tv i figured somehow the dvr had to get a signal to the vcr. it was way different than my last set up. also i needed to program the vcr set up the channels it could not read anything. i figured that too how could it read channel 3 if the vcr had no channels programmed.

THANKS 🙂

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.