bunny06's profile

Mentor

• 

45 Messages

Monday, April 8th, 2013 11:15 PM

how to set up vcr to record

bought a new tv lg the other connections worked PERFECT did the same ones no signal from vcr i have the vcr hooked into the the dvr box cable input to the dvr box, dvr box to tv,

dvd player hooked up to the 5 ports on the back of the tv there are only 5 ports,

my old tv you had tv input 1(dvd player) input 2(vcr player) this new tv has tv, avg, comp.(dvd player), hmi, i saw someone said use the hdmi

bestbuy told me a splitter but i was able to hook it up before and it worked perfect PLEASE HELP

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

Again, if there is a output that is Red, White, Yellow, which are called Composite connections, your TV has to have the same connections, but labeled "Input".

If you have the Red, Green, Blue for Video, on the VCR/DVD combo, that is called a "Component" connection. You would connect that output to the Component input on the TV, then the Red & White audio for the VCR/DVD combo to the Red & White Audio input for the component input on the TV.

If you only have HDMI, Component, or the 1/8" jack for component, and no Composite, you cannot connect the VCR/DVD combo to the TV. If it has a Coax input for Antenna/Cable, the TV has to have what is called a NTSC tuner in it, to receive the Channel 3 output from the VCR combo, but you would only be able to watch VHS tapes.

Also that model# you gave for the TV is not the correct model#. It will state on the back label of the TV what the model# is. It will start with the screen size, then product line (ie 42LM24xx, or such).

The manual that came with the tv shows how to connect various devices to the inputs on the tv, where is the manual that came with it? If you do not have, you can go to Lg.com and pull up the manual for the tv.

This webpage will give you a diagram for you, depending on your choices.
http://www.diyaudioandvideo.com/TV/Wiring/Diagram.aspx

It would come up with this http://www.diyaudioandvideo.com/TV/Wiring/Diagram.aspx?D=Custom&C=..Satellite..VCRDVDCombo....TV..:0.0.1.0.1.0.0.0.1.0.:;;InputSatellite.;;;;;;InputCoaxialVideoCoaxialAudio.InputCoaxialVideoCoaxialAudio.;;:;;OutputCoaxialVideoCoaxialAudio.;;OutputCoaxialVideoCoaxialAudio.;;;;;;:;;8,0.;;8,1.;;;;;;

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

What's a VCR? I thought they went the way of the Dinosaur.

Mentor

• 

45 Messages

11 years ago

no i still use it for some fav shows not much anymore but things i want to keep it worked perfect with my old tv not with this new one i need help ASAP

Mentor

• 

45 Messages

11 years ago

i unhooked everything now i need to hook back up is it vcr out to dvr in

or dvr out to vcr in i think its the first vcr out dvr in the 3 cables.

i need help asap

then tv to dvr

no antenna goes to the vcr i am getting depressed

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

All kidding aside, you can only hook the VCR In through the Red/White for Audio, and Yellow Video for Composite connections for the Output of the box. As for connecting to the TV, same thing from the Output side of the VCR, to the Input on the TV for the Red/White & Yellow.

Some have Component connections, which is used for output of the DVD, some the connection is for both DVD & VHS, which you can use that to the TV. The only reason you cannot use the Coax to the box, is that it is a Network connection from the RG (Residential Gateway) to the Set Top Box or DVR.

Post the Make & model of the VCR & TV.

Mentor

• 

45 Messages

11 years ago

any help would  be much appreciated the tv is an lg M 2452D the vcr is an old panasonic i have to get the #

the old hookups was vcr to dvr box dvr to to cable in to dvr switch tv to input 2 worked perfect.

this one only has avg comp(dvd) hdmi, usb

last night on the tv i seemed to get something of a signal the tv mode but could not view any tapes from the vcr

i need to get the signal from the dvr to the tv thanks

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

I gave instructions to record from the dvr, but as for hooking up to the tv, unless it has the output on the combo unit or the input on the tv that I stated how to hook it up, you are pretty much going to be stuck with what we call a boat anchor for that dvd/vcr combo unit.

Mentor

• 

45 Messages

11 years ago

would a splitter work its seperate units one dvd player hooked into components there is no comp. for the vcr unlike my old tv which had input one input 2 dvd-1 vcr-2

i am going to look into buying another sanyo like i had so at least i can record from the dvr to the vcr and save the tapes.

if you had a dvd recorder how would you hook that up the same way, as you would need to get the signal from the dvr.

Mentor

• 

45 Messages

11 years ago

oh i think i see the other 3 outputs for the vcr hook them up to the tv???

there are 6 3 input and 3 output

i think the 3 output go to the dvr so the 3 input would go to the tv

Mentor

• 

45 Messages

11 years ago

is the coax the cable from dvr to the tv.

i may be able to buy an older tv on ebay for $25 just to have the setup i had before worked perfect all you had to do was hit input 2 on the remote for the tv and you were able to watch and record from the tv or the dvr.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.