For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
jalexan9's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, June 5th, 2017 5:28 AM

how many wireless receivers does Uverse support?

i have a wired DVR and 2 wireless TV receivers. i would like to get at least 1 more wireless, or even 2. Obviously i know there will be an additional monthly charge for each box, but does Uverse support 3 or 4 wireless receivers? 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

as an FYI, i have 1 room that is pre-wired with coax that i might be able to use and free-up a wireless receiver. Is this as simple as ordering another wired receiver from ATT and using the coax? Or will this require a trip out from a technician.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

Older WAP have a limit of 2 wireless receivers.   Newer ones can have more (not sure how many).  You could connect additional receivers via cat5 to the gateway.

Do all those TV's need wireless at the same time?  If not you could just move around the wireless receivers you already have on an as-needed basis.

What is your current profile?  There is a max limit of 4 HD streams at any one time if your profile can handle it.

Check this thread out.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

my thoughts,

You seem to have the handle on configuration, so here is my question.  I have two ISB7005s driven by a VEN501.  AT&T is shipping me a third wireless receiver setup - the equipment list included a ISB7105 (right choice according to your post) and a VAP2500.  So my question is should I switch out the VEN501 for the VAP2500 or not?

Thanks,

Richard Southworth

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

my thoughts,

I received my equipment, went ahead and associated the new receiver with my existing VEN501, no problem.  We have a small house, 5 bars on all three receivers.  I'm a nerd (electrical engineer at least), logged into the VEN501 and set it to a DFS channel far away from my other 5ghz APs, has been solid.  After some experimentation settled on channel 136, not obvious which adjacent channel is picked up for 40mhz, I'm guessing 140.

I used to use WiFi Analyazer on my iPhone, when Apple nixed that I used it on an Android device.  However, I have discovered that the Apple Airport Utility app has a wifi scan function built in, that works well to indicate the signal strength of all wifis in the neighborhood.  Apparently Apple will allow their programmers to violate the rules, but no outside groups may do so.

Thanks for your reply,

Richard 

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc]

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

we have model BGW210-700 and we have big reciever box in living room and small box in each bedroom total of 4  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.