dtabor86's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, February 20th, 2011 4:54 AM

error message h1001

i know there are post simliar to this but whats happening to me seems different. I just got the HDMI cable and got this message right away but its only a quick flash and does not last more then a couple seconds but it happens frequently enough to be annoying. I switched the reciever box and still got this messege. I tried the other HDMI port in the tv and still got the messege. I dont know if it matters but I hooked up my HD dvd player and it worked fine so Im not sure what to do. Also tried rebooting both tv and reciever and modem any help would be nice.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@Gloren wrote:

Maybe, just maybe while ATT continues to raise rates, they might spend a little to address and resolve this issue. All the posts here don't address the poor signal and errors like H1001 Att so carefully provides.

There is no excuse for this type of error to be so prevelant in the service. Contact ATT support and they won't have a clue about the error, what causes it or how to fix it.

Many times the HDMI errors are because the TV maker did not fully implement the HDMI protocals (certain brands are notorious for HDMI problems).  HDMI errors are easy fixes, go to component cables, same HD PQ and never any error messages. Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

While watching the TV, ever so often the screen goes blank, and then I receive a message saying:

" Unable to display video H1001-HDCP not supported on this display", then it says to swap cables, and try a new one which I have done already.

HELP!!

Community Support

• 

231.2K Messages

7 years ago

Hi @DBCHou1,

Reset the box by pressing the power button for 10 seconds. You can also try changing the port on the back of the TV.

-ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Tried all of this with no results.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

While it is comforting to know others experience the same issues as I while using Uverse, what would be remarkable would be for ATT to FIX THE ISSUE.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I've tried everything thing no results. AT&T says there no issues with uverse. Everything worked fine on this TV same connection for 18 months.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

I have this problem a lot on my my Dynex DX-L24-10A, I have 2 other Dynex TVs same screen sizes but different models, 1 has the problem periodically and the other never. I also had an older, circa 2006, Sony rear projection which I had connected via cat-5 stb and component because it just refused to allow hdmi even though techs insisted it should work. That set has been replaced just a month ago July 2018 with a Samsung series-7  UN43NU7100FXZA which is now connected via wireless STB and hdmi and I have yet to have any issues using the uverse remote to turn on the system. I have found that one problem is the knowledge level among the uverse techs. Some know the technology but most only have enough information to understand and fix the most basic of issues and that is because at&t training is woefully inadequate! The techs should be going through a college level training equivalent to at least a 2 year vocational degree or something similar to military tech school. Anyway, the DX-L24-10A used to be connected via cat-5 wired stb and component  but now is connected via wireless stb and hdmi. I have the h1001 issue all the time now but have recently found that turning on the TV first than the stb fixes the problem when it occurs which by the way is intermittent. Bottom line is the hdmi technology in the beginning was loosely followed by even the higher end manufacturers of TVs and stb and like so many technologies had no mandated standards just suggested standards not to mention shoddy quality control. My suggestion is if hdmi fails to to component it is tried and true. One new problem I just discovered is that many of the newer TV sets are all but eliminating seperate component and composite hookups and to save money have gone to a combination component/composite hookup which I find confusing and worse means you can only use either a component or a composite hookup but not both! Such is the case in my new Samsung series-7 UN43NU7100FXZA.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I’m aware that resetting the cable box will make this error go away. Of course resetting the box takes about 5 minutes and the worst part it, if a program is recording, it is stopped until reboot is complete. But regardless of this momentary cure, it in no way solves or eliminates the issue which will resurface often the very next time I power it up. This week alone I have reset the box 14 times. The prices of this service are too high to warrant this anguish. 

AT&T must delegate resources to 100% remedy this issue before my impatience cuts the cord for good!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I left ATT for this very reason. I am now with Spectrum and am happy.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.