dtabor86's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, February 20th, 2011 4:54 AM

error message h1001

i know there are post simliar to this but whats happening to me seems different. I just got the HDMI cable and got this message right away but its only a quick flash and does not last more then a couple seconds but it happens frequently enough to be annoying. I switched the reciever box and still got this messege. I tried the other HDMI port in the tv and still got the messege. I dont know if it matters but I hooked up my HD dvd player and it worked fine so Im not sure what to do. Also tried rebooting both tv and reciever and modem any help would be nice.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

13 years ago

It's not responding to some control/security signals and giving you that HDMI error.  Might try unplugging the HDMI cable and doing a soft reboot by holding the Uverse power button until the lights come on.  Then after about 5 minutes, plug the HDMI cable back in.

If that does not solve the problem, your best bet is to use component cables/audio to not get any error messages, good luck. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Master

• 

5.7K Messages

13 years ago

Hopefully what Chris suggested in rebooting and reconnecting the HDMI cable will solve your problem.

Just curious what brand and model TV you are having this problem with?

Master

• 

4.2K Messages

13 years ago

@dtabor86 wrote:

i know there are post simliar to this but whats happening to me seems different. I just got the HDMI cable and got this message right away but its only a quick flash and does not last more then a couple seconds but it happens frequently enough to be annoying. I switched the reciever box and still got this messege. I tried the other HDMI port in the tv and still got the messege. I dont know if it matters but I hooked up my HD dvd player and it worked fine so Im not sure what to do. Also tried rebooting both tv and reciever and modem any help would be nice.

Is this a newer TV with an ethernet port if so you need to hook it up and see if there is available firmware for it which will solve the problem 99% of the time. Model and year of TV goes a long way towards a possible fix

there are so many brands and models they are all different. Another fix has been to have a remote that sequence with a delay of so many milliseconds in the order as to not cause the handshake issue such as TV

first the STB or just the opposite have seen this both ways. The standard for HDMI was followed somewhat and is supposed to be backwards compatible but with 1.1,1.2 and 1.3 things can run amuck. Simple solution

since Uverse does not send out 1080p  (they use 1080i) would be component.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

13 years ago

i just bought but not really sure on the exact year and its a 37inch vizio says model is e370vl and it doesnt have a ethernet port that i can see.

Master

• 

5.7K Messages

13 years ago

Your Vizio E370VL HMDI ports (2) are supposed to be HDCP compliant according to these specs:

http://www.vizio.com/e370vl.html#support

But certain brands/models do have HDMI handshake issues.

You should try Chris's (mibrnsurg) suggestion in his previous post and if that doesn't work switch to component cables.

PS. hopefully you aren't routing your HDMI cable through an AV receiver because sometimes that will cause a H1001 error code.

Good luck.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

13 years ago

Couldnt figure it out so I just switched to componet cables and saved the headache

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

This nonsense has been going on for years! These posts are from 2011 and now it's 2014. We've tried 2 different HDMI cables and then component cables. After what seems like an eternity, we end up staring at a blue AT&T U-verse screen with a spinning circle. After another looooong wait a final message appears: "at&t u-verse is not available at this time. Please try again later." Along with a button labeled "Quit client." Maybe we'll just quit AT&T...

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

vikkiladams - That message sounds like it is caused by a fault on the U-verse side. What is your in-home wiring? If it is COAX there could be a fault anywhere int he network. Can you try a cat5 connection to the RG. Could be a bad RG or STB. Could be a fault outside. Did you ever request a repair?

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

10 years ago

@vikkiladams wrote:

This nonsense has been going on for years! These posts are from 2011 and now it's 2014. We've tried 2 different HDMI cables and then component cables. After what seems like an eternity, we end up staring at a blue AT&T U-verse screen with a spinning circle. After another looooong wait a final message appears: "at&t u-verse is not available at this time. Please try again later." Along with a button labeled "Quit client." Maybe we'll just quit AT&T...

Might try a non-destructive disaster recovery w/both the HDMI and component cables connected:

If the DVR functions are still not working, try a Non-Destructive Disaster Recovery.

Unplug the power cord of the DVR from the wall or from the back of the box and wait ten seconds. Plug the DVR back in.

When three white dots appear on the screen, unplug the DVR again. Repeat this process two more times.

Plug the DVR back in on the third time and leave in. Three white dots appear followed by a gear with a status bar at the bottom of the screen.

If the Disaster Recovery screen does not appear, repeat the steps above. If the Disaster Recovery screen appears, wait until completion.

If the Non-Destructive Disaster Recovery does not work, follow the steps for a Force Disaster Recovery

Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems) or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Maybe, just maybe while ATT continues to raise rates, they might spend a little to address and resolve this issue. All the posts here don't address the poor signal and errors like H1001 Att so carefully provides.

There is no excuse for this type of error to be so prevelant in the service. Contact ATT support and they won't have a clue about the error, what causes it or how to fix it.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.