debra8595's profile

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

Thursday, November 22nd, 2012 8:11 PM

emergency alert system weekly test

i recently seen a weekly test of the emergency alert system it happend twice today  the first time it happens around 12:20 and then later at 3:00 or 3:10 it scared me it popped up with a banner on the screen i guessed a Special Packet with the text ***REQUIRED WEEKLY TEST*** on the screen on the second Emergency alert system test the Siren sound was a little Distorted 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

If I were getting alerts about sever weather in my area would be one thing, but I only get the LOUD/ANNOYING weekly test.   We had a tornado very close to our home, and NO ALERT!!!   All we get are TESTS, what is the point without GIVING THE ALERTS!!!    Pretty sure that is not what the National Weather Bureau wants or do I!!!!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

The weekly EAS test (which happens more often) has an alert that is crazy loud. I have seen this tap danced around but no definitive answer. The volume is at least 3x the set volume for the programming. To be clear:

1: I know the test is required.

2. I know I can mute the TV and/or cancel the test. But I don't sit with the remote in my lap.

3. The volume difference is not required by 47CFR11 nor any other document I have researched.

4. When traveling we use DISH network. They have tests. They don't blow us out of our chairs when the alert goes off. It is at or near the same so this is an ATT thing.

5. I know it is doing what it is suppossed to by getting my attention. But it can get my attention without driving an ice pick into my eardrums.

6. It is not channel related because it has happened when watching recorded programming (on rewind it doesn't happen again).

Any help or direction would be helpful. ATT support seems to want to point to everyone else as being the problem causers.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Why is this test coming up every freaking day????
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.