For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
debra8595's profile

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

Thursday, November 22nd, 2012 8:11 PM

emergency alert system weekly test

i recently seen a weekly test of the emergency alert system it happend twice today  the first time it happens around 12:20 and then later at 3:00 or 3:10 it scared me it popped up with a banner on the screen i guessed a Special Packet with the text ***REQUIRED WEEKLY TEST*** on the screen on the second Emergency alert system test the Siren sound was a little Distorted 

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

10 years ago

i saw another Emergency alert system test again and it still has the state of Alaska in it this appears to be a glitch all the time and AT&T U-verse is not available in the state of Alaska

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

There are areas that 1) have tests that go off more than once per week and/or 2) have abnormally loud alerts - that is not normal.  Please send a private message to the escalation team at AT&T U-verse Care, and someone will get in touch with you.  Please understand that a station, network or municipality might insert their own EBS test, outside AT&T's and those would be above AT&T's once per week and some of their tones are outrageous. 

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

10 years ago

AT&T may be unable to fix the EAS weekly test that's my opinion

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@debra8595 wrote:
AT&T may be unable to fix the EAS weekly test that's my opinion

You are entitled to your opinion, as we all are.  When I first subscribed in 2008, the "weekly" tests were painfully loud and popped up, darned near every day.  They are now at a "normal" level and I never notice more than 1x/week.  So, my guess is that if it can be fixed in Indianapolis, Indiana - it should not be an issue to fix it anywhere.  If one is noticing louder than normal (now conjecture sez there may be some who say that any is too loud) or more than one test per week, I would recommend that they send a private message to the escalation team at AT&T Customer Care, and someone will get in touch with you.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I have the same issue that the EAB Emergency Alert Broadcast meesages are way too loud.  They scare my little one.  2nd I feel the volume could damage my speakers.  The level is way too high.

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

10 years ago

ok i usually turn down my tv speakers to keep the noise from damaging my ears and AT&T Needs to fix this

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@debra8595 wrote:
ok i usually turn down my tv speakers to keep the noise from damaging my ears and AT&T Needs to fix this

Have you sent a private message to the escalation team at AT&T Customer Care? Again, it's not broken in every area.  My alert siren sound is at the same level as normal programming and I don't have any more than 1 test per week.  AT&T can only work on it, if they know what areas are doing this in.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

So the Emergency tests cannot be turned off? I was trying to record a show and that stupid TEST came up in the middle of the show and ruined the recording. I had to start all over again. I can see if it was an actual emergency but its a TEST... why do we have to see this?

Guru

• 

921 Messages

8 years ago

@Mokie724 The EAS test is not included in recordings.

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

8 years ago

...and this is why people are  dropping TV service providers and going with Netflix and Hulu!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.