nestorishere's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Monday, June 23rd, 2014 12:58 AM

can't record world cup games?!

Hi guys, I have a att dvr and i couldn't record world cup games. I clicked the record button once and it says it's being recorded but the games didn't show up in the recordings after the recording ended. HELP PLEASE. Thanks in advance

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

10 years ago

I'd do a hard reboot by unplug/plug in power after 30 seconds. This will fix many DVR problems, let us know if it worked, good luck. 😉

Edit: Have had no problems recording World Cup games from ABC/ESPN.

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems) or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I tried the reboot thing, the problem is that only the world cup games are not being recorded when everything else is recording correctly. 

Do you have any other suggestions? Thanks

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

10 years ago

Try going into the info for the specific match and click on the Record Episode, change anything on the next screen, then click Record.  See if that works for you.

It should show up in the Scheduled Recordings and the red lite should come on on the DVR 1 min b4 the listed starting time. 😉

Chris

Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems) or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I had the same problem. Clicked on the guide for the event, went throught the menu to select event and not series, everything looked great until I came home tonight to find that I did not have the game on the DVR. This is not the first time this has happened but it will be the last. Between the most primitive DVR I have used in 20 years and the glacially slow internet speeds I am getting, I am dropping  the service this week. Since Uverse has not held up its end of the contract, i.e. providing service, I see no reason to honor my obligation.

Terry

BTW, to the guy who recommended a hard reboot, really? Maybe I should defrag the hard drive too. Welcome to the 80's.

[edited for privacy]

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Sorry to hear that, so were you recording the world cup matches? I think ill call ATT tmw to ask about it, are there really no solution to this?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

btw i figured it out, apparently the recording space was too little even if it had 10%. 

the game automatically deletes itself because it was set to keep until space or something

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

10 years ago

Actually the DVR should have erased enough room for your recordings, before they were recorded.  That way you would have them. 😉

Chris

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

10 years ago

@tmorr01 wrote:

I had the same problem. Clicked on the guide for the event, went throught the menu to select event and not series, everything looked great until I came home tonight to find that I did not have the game on the DVR. This is not the first time this has happened but it will be the last. Between the most primitive DVR I have used in 20 years and the glacially slow internet speeds I am getting, I am dropping  the service this week. Since Uverse has not held up its end of the contract, i.e. providing service, I see no reason to honor my obligation.

Terry

BTW, to the guy who recommended a hard reboot, really? Maybe I should defrag the hard drive too. Welcome to the 80's.

[edited for privacy]

Listen, believe it or not, it still works.  You do realize that these boxes are using Window CE right.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

10 years ago

@tmorr01 wrote:

Terry

[edited for privacy]

You were using DVRs in 1994? That's amazing, considering digital TV (ie: TV consisting of over ~70ish channels and channels above number 100) didn't start to make headlines until circa 1999. You also say it is the "most primitive DVR" (your exact words) which is another amazing situation, considering HD DVRs weren't even around until 2006 or so. The first TiVO was shipped in 1999 and it most certainly didn't have three or even four tuners.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TiVo

My internet at 6Mbps is fine.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I had similar issues with my AT&T dvr; it recorded all of the 2014 FIFA World Cup games EXCEPT the final match. I even cleaned out my dvr memory, added extra time before and after the game times, came home from work to watch the game, and nothing was recorded. I think this happened because the title of the match was changed to "2015 FIFA World Cup Final" instead of "2014 FIFA World Cup". Thanks AT&T.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.