all lights on dvr box flashing simultaneously

Contributor

all lights on dvr box flashing simultaneously

I got a new tv and decided to dust around all the boxes and cables before the new tv went in. My dvr box came unplugged during the cleaning process and when I plugged it back in, all the lights (power/link/HD/record) were flashing simultaneously. I've tried to reset the box with the power button with no luck. Does anyone have ant tips for me before I call a tech?
Message 1 of 4 (3,027 Views)
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author bgdddytexas
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: all lights on dvr box flashing simultaneously

Try unplugging it again for 30 seconds, then plug it back in.  If the lights are all still flashing, time to call TS.  If it reboots and comes back up, then you're good to go. 

Make sure there is still an ethernet or coax connection going to the DVR from the RG too.  Good luck Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4 (3,008 Views)
Contributor

Thanks for the help. I tried unplugging it and plugging it back in, but no go. I guess it's time to call and get a tech out, thanks again
Message 3 of 4 (2,972 Views)
Contributor

Hey bgddytexas......I'm having the same issue with my receiver.  I've tried unplugging everything and resetting everything without any luck.  I've tried holding the power button for ten seconds and nothing all three lights on the front of the dvr receiever are still flashing.  I was curious if you ever found a solution to this issue or did you have to send your box in for another?

Thanks!!

Message 4 of 4 (146 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.