AndrewinKC's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, July 13th, 2016 12:01 AM

Wireless receivers not working after installing a new gateway

i recently had to install a new gateway as the old one went bad. I was not able to restore my wifi settings from the old gateway as explained in the directions. No biggie, I'll just reconfigure the wireless settings on my phones and tablets.

no luck in getting the wireless receivers to connect. I have reset the wap, rebooted the gateway, and tried the connection process at least 20 times with no success. Most often I get connection did not work. Sometimes it tells me that it connected but then I get the message that AT&T Uverse TV is not available at this time. It also displays a button to Restart the Receiver. I have waited for this to go away, pressed the button. Neither method lets me connect.

Help

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Professor

• 

5.8K Messages

8 years ago

Have you tried a whole house reboot? Unplug the DVR and all other STB's, restart the gateway. Once the gateway has restarted (all lights green), plug in the DVR and let it restart. Then plug in the next STB and let it completely restart, repeat for all other stb's.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Everything started working after I unplugged everything and reset the wap.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

For wirelss reciever issues steps to get it to connect

unplug the WAP for no less than 10 seconds

plug back in.

verify link and pair light are light and blinking green (link)

then....

unplug wirelss reciever (rear left corner) no less than 10 second

plug back in should have connection without a need to reboot the modem

once reconnect verify locaiton of the wap

WAP / Wireless reciever can not be:

with in 2 feet of the modem or any modem

near anything with EMI (eletronic magnetic inteference... led lights (tvs have LEDs lights never put behind it )/ hollagen lights/ near gaming units (xbox/ps4 etc) that have wireless controls/ not next to a base for a cordless phone/  not near mircowave/ can not be infront of anything glass or mirror (glass reflects light signal is light) /space heaters with remotes etc

on the floor. wirless signal travels across and down should be at least 3 feet up off the ground the higher the better

enclosed where the signal cant get past (entertainment centers / or behind anything massive (outside of a wall)

hope this helps

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I did the full house reboot twice and my wireless receivers are still not connecting. Please help. Everything else is great, but no tv in upstairs rooms.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I did this twice but still do not have a connection. Would appreciate any suggestions.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

8 years ago

What error messages are you getting?

Are you getting good signal lights on the Wireless Receiver?

Are there lights on the WAP?  What are they?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

That may be the issue in itself. Because Wireless signal usually travels across and downwards similar to an umbrella, it may be the position of the wireless access point that may not be reaching a location upstairs. Or there may be something blocking the pathway of signal upstairs . If that's the case you may want to try to have somebody come by and either move your wireless access point or a possibility of a wired in connection may be better route for you.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.