patuary's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, August 21st, 2014 3:53 PM

Wireless receiver is not connecting to the Arris access point.

There was a storm with a lot of lightening yesterday.  Neither of my wireless receivers seem to be able to access a signal.  I followed the directions on the TV.  The receiver is flashing.  The access point has a flashing red light but nothing happens.  I get the same message.  I have followed the directions 3 times and still no sighal.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi @patuary 

I'm sorry to hear that your Wireless receivers aren't working but, I'll be glad to help you. It sounds like the receivers may be okay and they're just searching for a signal so the trouble may be with the WAP (Wireless Access Point). If it's still blinking red then could you try unplugging the power for 30 seconds and replugging it? If that doesn't work then there should be a red "Reset" button on the back of the WAP. Try pressing and holding that down for about 15 seconds and see if that helps. 🙂

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I found advice on one of the ATT forums to hold the Power button, the OK and down arrow at the same time then release the power button while you hold the OK and down arrow this worked. This morning I had a message to download an ATTuverse update. I can’t figure out how to do this.

Pat [Edited for privacy.]

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi @patuary 

If your TV's are still waiting to start the update, then it's likely that they are searching for a signal from the Wireless Access Point. Have you had a chance to reboot the WAP? I attached an example below of how the Wireless receivers obtain a signal. It may be best to unplug/replug the WAP and the gateway if the receivers aren't working.

Wireless Receiver Connections.png

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

1 Attachment

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.