Wireless Receiver

Wireless Receiver

How much is the new u-verse wireless receiver and does it really work well?  Thanks

Message 1 of 48 (68,498 Views)
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Wireless Receiver

I read somewhere that the maximum distance was 100 feet under ideal conditions which, of course, might never exist in the real world.  One of my wireless receivers is almost 50 feet from the WAP and it works great.

Message 46 of 48 (4,631 Views)
Contributor

do you have to have uverse internet to use the uverse wireless reciever? 

Message 47 of 48 (3,669 Views)
ACE - Expert

Mr.Din - No, the wireless receiver uses a different wi-fi signal.

Both TV and internet are available, if subscribed, together or individually on COAX(HPNA) and the four network jacks on the RG.
Internet is also available on the wi-fi built in to the RG.
TV wireless connects by plugging a WAP (wireless access point) into one of the four network jacks on the RG. The WAP is the wi-fi source for up to two wireless receivers.

There was a time when the wireless receiver was not available for INID (aka bonded pair) installs. I believe it is currently available,
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 48 of 48 (3,654 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.