Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Wireless Receiver loses signal whenever Roku is used

Contributor

Wireless Receiver loses signal whenever Roku is used

I have a Roku 2 on a TV with an AT&T wireless receiver.  Every time we use the Roku the AT&T receiver loses the internet connection and it takes many many attempts of restarting it to establish a connection again. ( This is the second receiver we have tried and our other wireless receiver and both lap tops never lose the signal)  Has anyone else had this issue?

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Redhead64
‎09-25-2017 4:32 PM

Re: Wireless Receiver loses signal whenever Roku is used

How many bars does the problem wireless receiver show (3 marginal, 4-5 ok)?    If there were only 3 bars on the wireless receiver to begin with it might take only a little interference from the Roku to push it off the edge.  The wireless box is in the 2.4GHz frequency band and I guess your roku is too.

You could try using a longer ethernet cable to give you some freedom to move the WAP around to a possibly better position to see if you can increase the signal strength assuming of course that is the problem.  Your laptops are not a good comparison here.  They communicate with the wifi in your gateway.  The wireless receivers communicate with the WAP.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
Contributor

Re: Wireless Receiver loses signal whenever Roku is used

Thank you!!!
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support