Will DVR record PPV Rolling Stones

Highlighted
Tutor

Will DVR record PPV Rolling Stones

Hi,

Will U-Verse DVR record the Rolling Stones PPV on Dec 15th?

I will not be home and wish to watch it later.  

Thanks in Advance

Message 1 of 20 (6,693 Views)
Expert
Solution
Accepted by beckyww (Administrator)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Will DVR record PPV Rolling Stones

Yes, after you subscribe to a PPV event, you can schedule it to record on the DVR.

Message 2 of 20 (6,689 Views)
Tutor

I would hate to order it and then it won't record.
Message 3 of 20 (6,681 Views)
Expert

You should be able to record the concert, but because of who it is I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to not be recordable.

Message 4 of 20 (6,676 Views)
Tutor

Would AT&T know in advance if its recordable?
Message 5 of 20 (6,650 Views)
Expert

You could probably call and ask, but I doubt if you would get an accurate answer.  Not all of the CSRs have Uverse and so they may not even know about the PPV concert. 

Message 6 of 20 (6,649 Views)
Tutor

I don't want to roll the dice with this ppv show ... $50 for the Stones..
Message 7 of 20 (6,640 Views)
Expert

[ Edited ]

I have never paid for a PPV event with Uverse so I don't know if what the norm is, regarding recording them.  I do know that there are times when some movies on premium channels list that they can't be recorded, as well as pay VOD movies.  If you really like the Stones I say go ahead and pay for it and enjoy it.  The PPV is way cheaper than the nose bleed seats at the venue.  And you can have multiple people watching for that same $50.

Message 8 of 20 (6,641 Views)
Tutor

My original question was could I record the PPV as I won't be home the night of the show. I don't want to order it then be told it can't be programmed to record or recorded live.

Message 9 of 20 (6,612 Views)
Expert

tuesrubie wrote:

My original question was could I record the PPV as I won't be home the night of the show. I don't want to order it then be told it can't be programmed to record or recorded live.

Unless something has changed recently, PPV events can be recorded:

http://forums.att.com/t5/Receivers-Battery-Backup/Can-I-Record-a-PPV-HBO-Fight/m-p/2866851#M51876

Message 10 of 20 (6,606 Views)
Guru

[ Edited ]

Good question and it's not a clear answer. By default, all PPV events purchased with U-verse are free to record. There have been in the past certain events which are not recordable. This was not initiated by U-verse but rather a request from the owners of the content.

It does look like the e-support article wording has changed now and no longer mentions recording.

Message 11 of 20 (6,364 Views)
Contributor

tuesrubie,

I just rented the Stones PPV on HD and after I paid, the option to record was available. It's in my "Scheduled Recordings" list. :-)
Message 12 of 20 (6,336 Views)
Expert

Thanks for posting.  Hopefully it will record as scheduled.

Message 13 of 20 (6,329 Views)
Tutor

I called U-Verse CS and they said that show is not recordable. I"ll probally get a TIVO for a month to do this. Think that will work ?

Message 14 of 20 (6,177 Views)
ACE - Expert

tuesrubie wrote:

I called U-Verse CS and they said that show is not recordable. I"ll probally get a TIVO for a month to do this. Think that will work ?

That may, or may not, work well, or at all.  You would have to connect the TiVo to the STB via Coax or Composite and then somehow get the STB to use an IR blaster to turn the STB on and tune it to the correct channel at the time it needs to record.

I would be sure to do a test run on some other programs before depending on this.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 15 of 20 (6,030 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.