For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
joewalk0002's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, March 5th, 2014 8:18 PM

Why does live buffer stop while i am watching a recorded show?

Why does live buffer stop while i am watching a recorded show? For example if i select a 1/2 hr recorded comedy to watch while an hour long dram is buffering, when i come back to TV it starts at that point as if i just changed to that channel and no buffer is available.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

9 years ago

@Amassengale wrote:
Yes, but I'm not interested in extra work-arounds that leave little recordings on my dvr that I have to go back and clean off later.
How about just doing it right, so that we catch up to the 90's?

How about just going back to DirectTV?

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

9 years ago

I always just press Erase when I'm done watching a recording.  No little pieces sitting around the DVR.

Do you understand how U-verse uses a limited number of streams into your home.  Do you also comprehend that it would have to use an additional stream to continue to buffer the channel you just switched off of, just in case you come back?

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

9 years ago

"Tis better to hit the RECORD button than to curse the lack of buffers."

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

Yeah Buddy, yo comprendo.
Guess you're paid by AT&T.
One channel reserved for a great convenience for the user, instead of pressing extra buttons all the time. Not that tough.

---Insert Reply Above This L

Sent from my iPhone

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

Disagree. If we can get the problem fixed.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

9 years ago

One stream out of only four?  per TV?   I surely wouldn't want that.  Maybe when most subscribers have gigapower they'll increase the stream limits to where that would make sense.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

Just add one more dedicated stream. After 15 years of having it on other systems, do I really have to go backwards now ?

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

9 years ago

The number of streams is based on bandwidth limitations.  That stream would be necessary for each TV Receiver, thus your "one stream" is now two extra streams for two receivers, meaning two TVs watching live TV now consume all the streams in a non-Gigapower home (and all but one in a Gigapower home).

I'm not saying that it shouldn't work the way you ask in a perfect world.  However, U-verse has to work within limitations, and the stream limitation being one of the most confining.  They're supposedly reengineering U-verse towards a common platform with DIRECTV.  Maybe then you can get it.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

9 years ago

@Amassengale wrote:
Just add one more dedicated stream. After 15 years of having it on other systems, do I really have to go backwards now ?

Who gets to use that 'dedicated stream'?  Me or family members watching the other 2 boxes?

That's like the commercial showing the family members fighting over the last Eggo!

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

I hope so. Thanks much for the info.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.