For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
moonjcm's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, January 8th, 2018 3:26 PM

Closed

What is "fighting for you" issue?

Why was I unable to watch the Golden Globes last night on NBC? And I was unable to watch a prime football game this past Saturday? Both NBC and CBS channels are blank all but a message about At&t fighting for us over something that makes no sense. I pay At&t to provide TV programming. Why are not providing a basic service being paid for? 

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

6 years ago

While I sympathize with anyone who is not receiving the promised service, people tend to forget that Over The Air (OTA) networks which includes the major networks like NBC, CBS, Fox, and ABC can be watched using an antenna. 

Granted, you can't DVR any programming when watching with an antenna, at least you don't miss the programming.  I keep an antenna hooked up to my TV just in case there is an outage.  I did this during football season knowing that my husband would have a fit if he couldn't watch his beloved Cowboys.

As the old proverb states:  Better to have an OTA antenna than to curse the darkness of a network outage.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

...and FWIW there are DVR's on the market for OTA recording too.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

6 years ago

@_xyzzy_ wrote:

...and FWIW there are DVR's on the market for OTA recording too.

That's what you call a "win/win"....Smiley LOL

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I placed an order  for new service on  2/21/2018 with agent name "William".  I am moving and wanted to have the same service I have with spectrum, which is Landline Service and Wireless Internet Service.

In going over those service William informed me the cost would be $62.00/month. I asked him if this was a promotion and would it increase after a year. William advised me it was not a promotion and the charge would stay the same after  one year. I asked him more than one time. I also asked William on more than one occasion and even once more after the installation date was set if there would be a service or installation charge, William again told me there would not be a installation charge. He went on on to offer me a $100.00 visa card he said the technician would bring with him when he came out to install. Over night I became uneasy about our conversation and decided to follow-up this morning from work. When I checked my email I noticed I had received the confirmation order. It was then I saw the charges that amounted to $167.87.  It was hard to believe this guy had out right mislead and deceived me.

After speaking with Debra in the Loyalty Department about this, I was offered the installation fee to be waived, although now understanding my promotion would end after one year, I would be able to call back at that time to see if I would qualify for promotions then.

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

6 years ago

Bein Sports has that message right now! you cant get that off FTA

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Please bring back the BEIN Sports channel as I'm missing my Moto America Motorcycle Road Racing & FIM Moto GP Racing this weekend!!

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

6 years ago

Yeah, MotoGP, WSBK & Moto America... If you were fighting for me! I would have my channel... 3000 dollars a year, 90% of the channels I dont watch,  Get rid of those and give us our beIN sports!!  Guess we have to hit up Dish Network.. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Amen to that! I have to subscribe to a 'sports package' just to get Bein sports channel - just to watch MotoGP.  Wish the Speed channel was still around -

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.