sueunurse's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, February 20th, 2017 9:32 PM

Watch TV on new PC

I want to watch TV in another room on my new PC what is currently being viewed on my main TV/DVR in the Living Room. What type of adapter would work?  This workstation used to have a small TV linked via a co-ax cable running from the TV through the wall to this workstation . . . . this allowed me to keep the small TV tuned to channel three and control sound with it's remote and the Living Room DVR would direct what appeared on both TV's.  Is there a way to duplicate this set-up would that work and also provide sound with the proper adapter?  I'm no techie but willing to try. 

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

7 years ago

@sueunurse - I guess the small TV does not have a remote. If it has a remote you could control audio with it & connect the coax to the u-verse STB COAX output.

Is it widescreen/flatscreen - maybe time for an upgrade or use the PC monitor. If PC has an HDMI output connect it to an HDMI input on a TV & use the TV remote for audio, That is what I do for streaming on the computer. For content from the STB, you can connect antother HDMI input to a sewelldirect splitter to the STB. https://sewelldirect.com/hometheater/splitters

To get the TV signal  into the PC, check out Elgato, hauppage or sewelldirect(also has learning center.)

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Yes, my intent is to eliminate the small TV if the new PC can act as the monitor and receive sound via the co-ax from the Uverse DVR/receiver. Do I just use a UHF with co-ax adapter and insert the existing co-ax to it? Which model/brand of adapter is suggested? Regarding the sound, are you saying I can use the existing Sharp 20" TV remote to control the sound on the PC? Any support is so appreciated.

sueunurse
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.