Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Wait, we can't watch HD on both our TV's at the same time?

Tutor

Wait, we can't watch HD on both our TV's at the same time?

The more and more I learn about U-verse, the more and more likely I'm going back to charter...  :/

Why is this - and will it be changed very soon? or can we ask to have it changed?

Message 1 of 10
Employee

Re: Wait, we can't watch HD on both our TV's at the same time?

Uverse offers 4 inpurs... standard is 4 SD.
if willing to pay the HD fee of $10 per month enables HD programming regardless of number of tvs in other words not a fee per tv but per account.

Depending on your distance determines profile.... profile determines number of HD streams available out of 4 inputs.

The 32M offers 0SD 4HD while 25M offers 1SD 3HD and rare 19M offers 2SD 2HD.
This is both watching and recording different channels count against 4 inputs.
Example on 25M profile recording 2 HD inputs only allows 1 additional HD for viewing the 4th input would need to be SD.

How to determine your input types. Menu.....
wan is inputs.... ingress is record either 1sd3hd more common other less common is 4hd and last egress 3hd as can only watch maximum if 3 recorded shows.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 10
ACE - Expert

What is your current profile?  Menu (remote)>Options>System Options>System Info>System Resources

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 10
Tutor

It says "3 HD/1SD (WAN), 1SD/3HD (Ingress)

We have 1 wired DVR - 1 wireless - and U450 (through U-verse)

EDIT: read that wrong - fixed

Message 4 of 10
Employee
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by tyrellan
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

As WAN is split 3 to 1 your ln a 25M profile.... best internet speed availability is Max Plus 18M and can only have 3HD events at the same time.

if encounter error message check for current HD recordings in progress... the red light will be on... amd verify any unused receivers are actually off (power light left side) as tv off is not necessarily receiver is off that could be taking up an HD input stream
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 5 of 10
Tutor

That explains it; my girlfriend was watching something in HD, and then recording two channels in HD.

So you say I can pay 10 bucks to get 4 HD feeds?  (And I wish I had known this about AT&T - this part of the service really blows.  Cable was so much less of a fuss...)  Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 10
ACE - Expert

tyrellan wrote:

That explains it; my girlfriend was watching something in HD, and then recording two channels in HD.

So you say I can pay 10 bucks to get 4 HD feeds?  (And I wish I had known this about AT&T - this part of the service really blows.  Cable was so much less of a fuss...)  Smiley Sad

No, you can't buy extra streams.  The $10 is an HD fee.  If you have U450, HD is included.

Under your profile (as stated above) what is your Bandwidth Cap?  31947200 (WAN) is referred to as 32M and is needed for 4 HD streams.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 10
Expert

tyrellan - RE: So you say I can pay 10 bucks to get 4 HD feeds?

No. the number of feeds is determined by how far you are from the VRAD - the quality of your line. The $10 opens the HD software for your feed capability. The HD feature is included in U450. You are already using it.
Message 8 of 10
Tutor

Dang - ok, thanks all.

Message 9 of 10
ACE - Professor

One solution is to record stuff during overnights or later on. A lot of those shows repeat quite a few times...you may have to record a later viewing. Broadcast shows (FOX, NBC, etc.) put their shows online, as do other channels. You may also have to watch off the website onto your TV via laptop with HDMI or Chromecast, etc. You'll get the hang of it.
Message 10 of 10
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support