tyrellan's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, June 17th, 2014 4:46 AM

Wait, we can't watch HD on both our TV's at the same time?

The more and more I learn about U-verse, the more and more likely I'm going back to charter...  😕

Why is this - and will it be changed very soon? or can we ask to have it changed?

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

10 years ago

What is your current profile?  Menu (remote)>Options>System Options>System Info>System Resources

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

It says "3 HD/1SD (WAN), 1SD/3HD (Ingress)

We have 1 wired DVR - 1 wireless - and U450 (through U-verse)

EDIT: read that wrong - fixed

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

That explains it; my girlfriend was watching something in HD, and then recording two channels in HD.

So you say I can pay 10 bucks to get 4 HD feeds?  (And I wish I had known this about AT&T - this part of the service really blows.  Cable was so much less of a fuss...)  😞

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

10 years ago

@tyrellan wrote:

That explains it; my girlfriend was watching something in HD, and then recording two channels in HD.

So you say I can pay 10 bucks to get 4 HD feeds?  (And I wish I had known this about AT&T - this part of the service really blows.  Cable was so much less of a fuss...)  😞

No, you can't buy extra streams.  The $10 is an HD fee.  If you have U450, HD is included.

Under your profile (as stated above) what is your Bandwidth Cap?  31947200 (WAN) is referred to as 32M and is needed for 4 HD streams.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

tyrellan - RE: So you say I can pay 10 bucks to get 4 HD feeds?

No. the number of feeds is determined by how far you are from the VRAD - the quality of your line. The $10 opens the HD software for your feed capability. The HD feature is included in U450. You are already using it.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Dang - ok, thanks all.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

10 years ago

One solution is to record stuff during overnights or later on. A lot of those shows repeat quite a few times...you may have to record a later viewing. Broadcast shows (FOX, NBC, etc.) put their shows online, as do other channels. You may also have to watch off the website onto your TV via laptop with HDMI or Chromecast, etc. You'll get the hang of it.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.