Explore & discover

Helpful Links

WAP Connection

Highlighted
Teacher

WAP Connection

Will the wireless receiver work as well if the WAP is connected to the Ethernet cable coming from the wall as it will if the WAP is connected to an Ethernet port on the router? Will it still work "wirelessly"?
Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert

Re: WAP Connection

@labongio wrote:
Will the wireless receiver work as well if the WAP is connected to the Ethernet cable coming from the wall as it will if the WAP is connected to an Ethernet port on the router? Will it still work "wirelessly"?

That would depend on what the Ethernet cable coming from the wall is connected to.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
Teacher

The ethernet cable coming from the wall is connected to the ATT router.

Message 3 of 4
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by (Former Employee)
Accepted by ATTJulieCS
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

It doesn't matter whether the WAP is connected via a single drop cable, or via a cable coming out of the wall, as long as either way it's connected to the RG.  I can't help but think there's more behind your question than I'm getting.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
Additional Support