sabuff's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, January 4th, 2010 12:45 AM

Vizio Soundbar Compatibility with U-Verse Remote Control

I have the Vizio VSB210WS Sound Bar and I was hoping to sync the remotes, so I don't have to use the Vizio remote just for the volume, but I haven't been able to do so.

Has anyone else had success doing this with a Vizio soundbar????

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Which Uverse remote do you have?   I have the S10-S3 and a Vizio VSB207 SoundBar and I can't get the auto-search to find the code.  I've gone through the sequence twice, attempting to assign the SoundBar control to the AUX button.  I went through about 200+ clicks of hte Scan/FF key with no success.    Anybody else have any tips?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Thank you, Aviewer. This is the first post I've seen which adequately describes the problem and offers a valid solution. Advice taken and Kudos your way for taking the time to respond.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

dragunsfyre - YW - TY for the recognition.
By advice taken do you wean you bought a Harmony. which one did you get? If you did not get one yet I just checked newegg.com & they have model 700 refurb for $55.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Oops!  Seems like someone else had already posted the directions! 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

SUCCESS !!!   -  Thanks to Livesublime's suggestion, I have a fully functioning U-Verse RF Remote that works with my VIZIO VSB210WS Sound Bar.

IMPORTANT - BE PATIEINT (and persistent) when using the SCAN/FF key to advance through the codes (Step 4 in the Livesublime suggestions) - I pressed the button around 200 times until it found the right code and shut off the power. 

Very excited to have one remote that works with all the TV components. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Thank you so much!!   These instructions worked flawlessly for my Sony Sound Bar (and I'm certain it will work with any other Sound Bars).

One quick note:   if you happen to pass the code that worked while pressing "SCAN->\FF",  I pressed "REW\<-SCAN" to go back a couple of codes and found the one that did work for turning off my sound bar.  After which point, you press the "Power" button along with the Volume buttons and "Mute" button to ensure it works well with your sound bar.

I had to press the "SCAN->\FF" for a long while before reaching the proper code for Sony.

Thanks again for posting the solution to my headache of having multiple remotes!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

When you now start your equipment with the UVerse remote, does it power on the UVerse DVR/receiver, the TV and the sound bar but there is no sound from the TV's speakers but just the sound bar?  And the volume buttons on the UVerse remote only control the sound bar volume?  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Just wanted to share my experience. To make my vizeo sound bar work i have an easy way. I have an lg tv so this works well for me but maybe not everyone. I have the remotes tv function programmed for an lg tv code 1036. This code controlls volume and power on both my tv and my vizeo soundbar. To program it hold down the device key you wish to program it to (aux, tv, etc) and ok. Hold both and quickly release. The device light will flash once to indicate programming mode. Key code 1036 . The device light will flash again to indicate a valid code was entered. Proceed to turn your sound bar up and down. This code will work with vizeo s4221w-c4 sound bar. It also works with my larger 5 channel sound bar by vizeo downstairs. Hope this helps.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I have tried the auto search and manually entering the previous codes but I can't get anything to work.  I think my model # is s4251w-b4.  can anyone help me?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.