sabuff's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, January 4th, 2010 12:45 AM

Vizio Soundbar Compatibility with U-Verse Remote Control

I have the Vizio VSB210WS Sound Bar and I was hoping to sync the remotes, so I don't have to use the Vizio remote just for the volume, but I haven't been able to do so.

Has anyone else had success doing this with a Vizio soundbar????

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

We've tried all of the codes in this post so far and can't get the Vizio MODEL NUMBER: VSB210WS to power on or off.

We did however get the volume control to work by setting the default audio level from the U-verse box by programming ATT key. Anyone have an additional key?

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

12 years ago

sammitch - Someone reported code 4020 worked for a different model sound bar.

If you have the STB varying the volume when in the att mode, that is a good work around when watching U-verse, but is no good for watching DVD or OTA.

If you need more flexibility get a Logitech Harmony model 300 from Radio Shack for $30 or search for deals.

If you want different activities, Like watch TV with TV sound vs watch TV with sound bar sound vs watch DVD etc. then go for a model 650n or higher. Just saw the 650 at costco for $60.

Teacher

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

After google'ing and following all of these steps - TO NO AVAIL - I finally figured it out!  

Here is what I did, step by step, and it worked... I almost fell to the floor in disbelief 🙂 🙂 

• Step 1 - Turn on the Vizio Soundbar
  • Step 2 - Point the remote control at the Sound bar.
  • Step 3 - Press and hold the AUX along with the ENTER key (bottom right key on remote, NOT the OK key). Hold both keys for one second, then release. The four mode keys on the Remote Control flash twice to indicate you are in search mode.
  • Step 4 - Repeatedly press the SCAN\FF key until the device turns OFF (the selected mode key will flash once for each press of the SCAN\FF key). Pause briefly between each key press to allow your device enough time to respond.
  • Step 5 - Press the POWER button on the Remote to turn the equipment back on.
  • Step 6 - Check VOLUME and MUTE. Do not test using REW\SCAN, SCAN\FF, FWD, EXIT. If there is any problem with any of the keys, press the SCAN\FF button and search until you find a code which will operate all the function properly.
  • Step 7 - Press the ENTER key to save the programming. The appropriate mode key will give a long flash indicating successful programming.

Then, after  you get the remote to recognize the sound bar you will then have to program the remote to use the AUX (Soundbar) as the main volume control for all of your devises (TV, DVD, Etc.).  Here is how I did that:

* Step 1: Press and hold down the "AT&T" button on the U-verse remote. As you are doing this, press the "OK" button. (Yes, the OK button, NOT the Enter button!)  Release both buttons at the same time. The remote is ready when the mode buttons flash twice.

*  Step 2: Press 955 within 10 seconds. The AT&T mode button will flash twice to indicate that the code has been recognized.

*  Step 3:  Press the "AUX" button. Watch for the mode button to flash three times confirming volume control assignment.

That's it!  Super excited to finally have ONE remote 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

There is an easier way to program the remote if anyone is still trying to figure it out. I finally got it and am so happy.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Thanks, Livesublime! Your solution worked perfectly for me. 

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

12 years ago

Care to share that with the rest of us? Smiley Happy

@Bobuis14 wrote:
There is an easier way to program the remote if anyone is still trying to figure it out. I finally got it and am so happy.

• 

25.7K Messages

12 years ago

They also spammed the Vizio Soundbar forum at avsforum.com. I am guessing that they did a quick search and spammed every forum that mentioned about using a third party remote with the vizio soundbar.

I found a way to make a third party remote work with the Vizio, and that was by purchasing a Logitech Harmony 300 remote.

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

12 years ago

Thanks for the info.  If you see them again, do an abuse report to the mods.

@gregzoll_1 wrote:
They also spammed the Vizio Soundbar forum at avsforum.com. I am guessing that they did a quick search and spammed every forum that mentioned about using a third party remote with the vizio soundbar.

I found a way to make a third party remote work with the Vizio, and that was by purchasing a Logitech Harmony 300 remote.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Livesublime is spot on. In the auto search directions in the remote manual from at&t it says to hit aux and ok at same time. It is aux and ENTER at same time for 1 second. Follow livesublimes outline and you will get it going correctly. Be patient...it took 236 scan clicks to find my vizio device. But it is worth it.

• 

25.7K Messages

12 years ago

saga192003, it only works with the Black, not Silver remote. This is a dead subject at this point. Time for everyone to move on.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.