Vizio Soundbar Compatibility with U-Verse Remote Control

Contributor

Vizio Soundbar Compatibility with U-Verse Remote Control

I have the Vizio VSB210WS Sound Bar and I was hoping to sync the remotes, so I don't have to use the Vizio remote just for the volume, but I haven't been able to do so.

Has anyone else had success doing this with a Vizio soundbar????

Message 1 of 30 (81,232 Views)
Expert

Re: Vizio Soundbar Compatibility with U-Verse Remote Control

The following remote codes are for Vizio TVs, but one of them may work with your Sound Bar:

1343, 1018, 1004, 0178, 0502, 0627, 1756, 1758, 0128, 0117, 1017, 1078, 0030, 0056

Message 2 of 30 (81,184 Views)
Contributor

What do I need to do on the UV remote to enter these codes?
Message 3 of 30 (81,184 Views)
Expert

The instructions are available in the U-Verse Remote Control User Guide.

Message 4 of 30 (81,186 Views)
Contributor

Did you ever find a code that works?

Message 5 of 30 (81,186 Views)
Solution
Accepted by ATTJulieCS (Community Support)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

I am not the original poster, but I have the Vizio VSB210WS sound bar and I was able to get my U-verse remote to control the sound bar using the remote's "automatic search" facility described in the following document:

http://alanweinkrantz.typepad.com/3screens/files/remote_control_user_guide.pdf

I used the "home theater in a box" option in step 6.

If I knew how to interrogate the remote to tell you what code the search facility selected, I would.

Message 6 of 30 (81,188 Views)
Contributor

Yes, this works! Open the PDF link and  follow the steps in Section B - Using the Automatic Search. It took a little bit  before it found the code but  I had TV on so I could tell when the sound went off. I kept pushing the Play button instead of holding it down not sure if that matters.  Thanks anotherlogin! 

Message 7 of 30 (81,189 Views)
Contributor

the code is 4062

Message 8 of 30 (78,754 Views)
Contributor

Hey, this code wont work with my VHT210 sound bar.  According to manuel, the 4 digit code is 1517.
Auto find wont work either.  Anyone have any suggestions? Need help despartely !

Message 9 of 30 (78,354 Views)
Highlighted
Mentor

after lots of research this is what I found, and it worked for me. 

Enter the code 4020 Manually. Now after doing this you cannot control the volume, but if you do the step for always sending volume or channel commands to one device then it will work when you select aux. 

Hope that helps.

Message 10 of 30 (78,341 Views)
Contributor

We've tried all of the codes in this post so far and can't get the Vizio MODEL NUMBER: VSB210WS to power on or off.

We did however get the volume control to work by setting the default audio level from the U-verse box by programming ATT key. Anyone have an additional key?

Message 11 of 30 (74,843 Views)
ACE - Expert

sammitch - Someone reported code 4020 worked for a different model sound bar.

If you have the STB varying the volume when in the att mode, that is a good work around when watching U-verse, but is no good for watching DVD or OTA.

If you need more flexibility get a Logitech Harmony model 300 from Radio Shack for $30 or search for deals.

If you want different activities, Like watch TV with TV sound vs watch TV with sound bar sound vs watch DVD etc. then go for a model 650n or higher. Just saw the 650 at costco for $60.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 12 of 30 (74,846 Views)
Teacher

After google'ing and following all of these steps - TO NO AVAIL - I finally figured it out!  

Here is what I did, step by step, and it worked... I almost fell to the floor in disbelief Smiley Happy Smiley Happy 

• Step 1 - Turn on the Vizio Soundbar
  • Step 2 - Point the remote control at the Sound bar.
  • Step 3 - Press and hold the AUX along with the ENTER key (bottom right key on remote, NOT the OK key). Hold both keys for one second, then release. The four mode keys on the Remote Control flash twice to indicate you are in search mode.
  • Step 4 - Repeatedly press the SCAN\FF key until the device turns OFF (the selected mode key will flash once for each press of the SCAN\FF key). Pause briefly between each key press to allow your device enough time to respond.
  • Step 5 - Press the POWER button on the Remote to turn the equipment back on.
  • Step 6 - Check VOLUME and MUTE. Do not test using REW\SCAN, SCAN\FF, FWD, EXIT. If there is any problem with any of the keys, press the SCAN\FF button and search until you find a code which will operate all the function properly.
  • Step 7 - Press the ENTER key to save the programming. The appropriate mode key will give a long flash indicating successful programming.

Then, after  you get the remote to recognize the sound bar you will then have to program the remote to use the AUX (Soundbar) as the main volume control for all of your devises (TV, DVD, Etc.).  Here is how I did that:

* Step 1: Press and hold down the "AT&T" button on the U-verse remote. As you are doing this, press the "OK" button. (Yes, the OK button, NOT the Enter button!)  Release both buttons at the same time. The remote is ready when the mode buttons flash twice.

*  Step 2: Press 955 within 10 seconds. The AT&T mode button will flash twice to indicate that the code has been recognized.

*  Step 3:  Press the "AUX" button. Watch for the mode button to flash three times confirming volume control assignment.

That's it!  Super excited to finally have ONE remote Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy 

Message 13 of 30 (74,066 Views)
Contributor

There is an easier way to program the remote if anyone is still trying to figure it out. I finally got it and am so happy.
Message 14 of 30 (74,025 Views)
Contributor

Thanks, Livesublime! Your solution worked perfectly for me. 

Message 15 of 30 (72,580 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.