For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
lbp1405's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, January 21st, 2015 9:35 PM

VIP2250 service menu? no uverse connection

I need to access any type of service menu on the VIP2250 and I do not have a uverse connection.

I need to test a remote control extender device with this cable box to see how it works with it so I need to enter into any kind of menu on the device where I can use the up down arrows on the remtoe with it or anything like that.

Sadly pressing power on the remote does not actually power off the box so that as an option does not work.

I did ONCE get into some kind of service menu on the box by randomly pressing some buttons after doing a soft reset but I have since not been able to replicate that and get back into the menu

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

9 years ago

@lbp1405 wrote:

Well, if anybody has an idea, please let me know, it would be greatly appreciated.

Motorola doesnt reply, att doesnt reply..... Maybe I could put up a craigslist ad trying to find people with this service and these boxes....... that wouldnt be weird at all! lol

If there is not an active PAYING account associated with the DVR/STB, there is no access to any information on said box.  It's called not being "provisioned".  Each box is linked to an active account. 

No account = No access.

Master

• 

4.2K Messages

9 years ago

Try pressing the power button on the 2250 and hold for 5 seconds if that does not do it unplug the power cable to it and wait 30 seconds and plug it back in.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Well that does a soft reset on the box but that is all. Since I do not have a Uverse connection it then just takes me to a screen with a gear and then eventually turns to a red X. No where in this time fram am I able to pull up any type of settings screens for the box using the menu/OK or select buttons.

Normally if you press and hold a combination of buttons, or press certain buttons in a certain order you can access some kind of a setup/bios menu in most boxes but I cannot figure out the button press combination to get into this menu on the VIP boxes.

I got into the menu once but havent been able to figure out how I got into it that one time.

I know when I got into it that one time I did a soft reset by pressing and holding power for 5 seconds and right after I pressed a whole ton of buttons on the front like menu/the arrows/OK in some funky combination and it got me in there but I cant get it to do it again.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.6K Messages

9 years ago

@lbp1405 wrote:

I need to access any type of service menu on the VIP2250 and I do not have a uverse connection.

When you say "I do not have a uverse connection" what do you mean by that?

You have Uverse and are having problems with your line to your home?

You don't have uverse service at all?

Need more info please.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

9 years ago

If you're not a U-Verse customer, how did you get the equipment? So you sell the remote extender product?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Well, if anybody has an idea, please let me know, it would be greatly appreciated.

Motorola doesnt reply, att doesnt reply..... Maybe I could put up a craigslist ad trying to find people with this service and these boxes....... that wouldnt be weird at all! lol

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.