nate4244's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Monday, January 21st, 2013 2:23 AM

VIP 2250 recording 4 shows

It's my understanding that the VIP2250 can record up to 4 shows at once.  I have 2 HD shows recording at a certain time slot, but everytime I try to record 3rd HD show, I get a conflict notice.  My settings are below.  Any ideas?

Streams: 0 SD/4 HD (WAN); 1 SD/3 HD (Ingress)

Egress Profile: 20000000, 0 SD/3 HD

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

11 years ago

No, the Ingress Profile will go no higher than 1 SD/3 HD.

Also, with soft padding, you will probably have no need to manually extend the recordings by 5 minutes. The recordings will automatically start 1 minute prior to the start time and end 2 minutes after the end time.  If a conflict will be created by applying the soft padding that would result in a program not recording, the soft padding will not be applied.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

11 years ago

When you select the program that will not record and select Resolve Conflict, it will show you what scheduled recordings are in conflict.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

It does show me the shows in conflict, but I don't think there should be a conflict because I'm currently only recording 2 shows in the timeslot.  This show will make it 3 shows recording in timeslot.  It's my understanding that I should be able to record 4 shows at once.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

11 years ago

How many programs are shown in conflict when you select Resolve conflict?  With your Ingress Profile, you can record up to 3 HD programs and I SD program at the same time.

Would it be possible for you to attach a screenshot of what you see when you select Resolve conflict?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

I see the problem now.  I set all shows to record 5 min over which caused 3 HD shows to overlap.  I never record anything in SD.  Is there a way to set the Ingress to 0 SD/4 HD?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Good to know.  Thanks for your help.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.