Uverse installed Oct 9, 2013. Now not liking how he wired the living room TV.

Uverse installed Oct 9, 2013. Now not liking how he wired the living room TV.

[ Edited ]

I had just moved into a rental home the day before the guy came to install TV/internet. In my living room, there were a couple of light switches that would turn on the outside lights and inside lights....not anymore.

After he installed, both of those switches now turn on/off the TV. I'm all the time accidentally hitting those switches. I miss my switches for outdoor and indoor lights. One of the switches was handy for when first walking into the house, the switch was right by the door to turn on an inside lamp. Now that switch turns off the TV power and I can't turn on indoor lighting without walking across the dark room to get to the lamp.

At first I thought I'd just put up with it but actually it's become a big inconvenience.

Am I asking too much to have the guy come back and fix that? Is that a lot involved and will they charge to come back out? Thanks.

Message 1 of 16 (1,454 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Uverse installed Oct 9, 2013. Now not liking how he wired the living room TV.

[ Edited ]

You can call in and have a tech come back. I've been on repair for a

a similar issue.  You have a 90 day warranty so charges should not be applied. 

Message 16 of 16 (1,258 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.