For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
mortonmj's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Friday, December 31st, 2010 3:53 AM

Uverse and a Samsung PN63C8000 63" plasma HDMI Incompatibility

Since I did not see an explicit post for the subject when searching the forums, I thought I would offer that it appears that the AT&T Uverse Cisco DVR STB is not compatible using HDMI with the Samsung 63" Plasma.  As many of you have been told and tried, the component hook-up works fine as an alternative, but is definitely not acceptable with this tv.  So, I swapped the DVR STB with a non-DVR box from another room, and I am happy to report that this box does work with HDMI.

I have read that this is a common problem with some Sony Bravia units as well.

If anyone has experienced this, OR has any update about what the root problem is, or has any heads up about any updates to address this, please chime in.

The nagging issue about the box swap is the hard-disk noise that the DVR STB produces in the bedroom now.

Cheers,

Michael

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

13 years ago

Unfortunately, that did work.  Any other suggestions?

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

13 years ago

You mean it did NOT work?

@mortonmj wrote:

Unfortunately, that did work.  Any other suggestions?

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

13 years ago

Sigh..DID not work.  Thanks for pointing that out.

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

13 years ago

NP, just wanted to make sure so other suggestions can be made. Smiley Happy

edit--forgot to mention I just started using HDMI full-time on our bedroom Samsung (720p), and it lost signal after hookup (box is Cat5); only once about 3 hours later.  Also, did a full-time hookup on the kitchen (box is coax) Samsung (also 720p), but not watched as much.

55" Samsung (1080p) has always worked fine with HDMI, whether STB or DVR (box is coax). 

Son's Samsung (720p) is 3 yrs. older than the other 3 TVs, but he has had no luck with HDMI (box is Cat5).

And you're out of luck if your TV only has 1 HDMI to try (our 2 smaller TVs).

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

This worked thank you !!!

RCSMG

Feb 4, 2011 5:37:22 PM

ACE - Expert

While the tv and the dvr are turned on, disconnect the hdmi cable from the dvr and press and hold the power button until the lights blink.  After 5 minutes reconnect the hdmi cable to the dvr.  Press the power button on the remote to turn off and back on the tv and the dvr.  You could be experiencing some kind of hand shake issue.  This is one solution for resolving that issue.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.