Trixiedog's profile

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

Friday, December 16th, 2016 11:45 PM

Uverse TV freezing up ever few minutes and losing service !

My Uverse service has been working good.  Then AT&T came and done some work on the line outside in the alley.  Well after they done the work, my TV started freezing every few minutes and losing service sometimes.  A repair man came and said it was the line outside, he replace my service line.  Soon after he left the TV started freezing up and losing service sometimes.  I called him and he said he could come, to call the AT&T service center and order a new DVR.  They will come in the morning, but I don't think that is the problem, The phone and internet works ok, it just the freezing of the TV.   It seem anytime AT&T working on the line outside, I always have provblems.  They are sending a serviceman in the morning to replace the DVR.    Has anyone else had this problem ?

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

since my last post 4 weeks ago, AT&T has visited the house to swap out a receiver on one of the TV's and they moved the outside wire to a new location.   service is still spotty and the TV's still freeze.  It seems to occur less frequently, but still 5-6 times a week.   i decided to purchase 3 Amazon fire sticks & 1 which makes it easier to watch movies & series on the premier cable channels, PBS etc.   The TV's aren't freezing when streaming on Roku or Amazon, like when i watch directly on U-verse. (If the freezing continues, i'm not sure why i would purchase a premium package from U-Verse.)   last friday i spoke with a new technician and he thinks the issue isn't related to the wiring but rather the modem.  He switched the channels in the modem to find a static channel.   If it doesn't work, (which is the case) he recommended that i switch modems from the Pace 5286AC to an ARRIS  BGW 210700.  the technician thinks its a more reliable modem for a house with multiple TV's, a Sonos system, multiple smartphones, tablets, computers and Alexa units.  does anyone have any experience with the ARRIS BGW 210700 modem/router ?  is it any more reliable than the Pace 5286AC modem / router?  i don't want to change equipment and spend hours reprogramming passwords if the technician is just blowing smoke to sound knowledgeable. 

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

6 years ago

@CharliePS wrote:

... last friday i spoke with a new technician and he thinks the issue isn't related to the wiring but rather the modem.  He switched the channels in the modem to find a static channel. ...

Are your TV Receivers wireless?  If so, you should have a separate Wireless Access Point for them.  If they are not wireless, then they're connected via cable.  Either way, the Wi-Fi channel on the gateway will make Absolutely No Difference.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I had U-verse installed in October 2018.  After a few weeks, my picture started randomly freezing up.  This normally would happen in the evening.

I had a technician here two different ties in November. They made a lot of changes (I really don't know what they did).  One even suggested that I might need a new dvr.  I wish he had taken care of that then because I have noticed that the problems seem to involve the dvr.  He did move the dvr to a lesser-used tv.  This has helped some but...

1)  Shows that I record, sometimes don't record the entire show.  It just cuts off.

2)  Sometimes if I pause a show, when I go back to watch it, it starts freezing up and I cannot watch the rest.

3)  Recorded shows sometimes freeze up.

Has anyone had their issues resolved?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I have the very same problems. I know the system so well I know how to do my own resets. Calling just makes my blood boil. For lack of service and sitting home waiting 3 hours for a service person- I get a 9 dollar credit. I HATE CABLE CO- and I agree if I didn’t hate Comcast so much I would change. They have us and they don’t care what they do. I had 80 hours of recorded movies and shows I can’t get back.....no compensation. Put in a new dVR and the new one is faulty.

I wish they would listen to the calls- why do they same they record them and never listen.....MAYBE they would learn something from their customers....like customer service....humm

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.