For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Jessme_1's profile

Mentor

• 

69 Messages

Saturday, November 27th, 2010 2:18 PM

Uverse Realtime

I have downloaded the realtime program. Looks pretty cool, but there is a problem. I haven't a clue as to what Im looking at. LOL. Could someone give me an idea as to what I should be looking at? Also, I couldn't figure out how to post a screen shot. So maybe we could start there so you can see what I see.

I dont have any problems or anything. Just wondering what all this info means.

Thanks,

P.S.. Not sure if this is the right area for this. If not, please move to the proper forum.

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

13 years ago

RC,

Looks like you had a major line event occur about 1 Day 9 hours ago that resulting in a lot of errors.  Could have been lightning or something like that.  The line looks like it's been relatively clean since then.

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

13 years ago

Thanks SJ

Scholar

• 

95 Messages

13 years ago

I downloaded the .zip file, opened it, double clicked the file that was enclosed and the following popped up from AdAware --

" Ad-Watch Live has blocked the process uvrt-v1.7.0.0-installer.exe (diagnosis: Malware family: Trojan.Win32.Generic!BT) "

Hacked?

Please excuse the cross posting from another thread regarding freezing/pixilation.

Edited for spelling and forgiveness

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

13 years ago

The installer from the web site is not infected.  There are a few anti-virus programs that are detecting a false positive on the U-Verse Realtime installer.  You can safely ignore or "whitelist" the installer.

If you like, please contact your anti-virus/anti-malware vendor and ask them to remove the false positive detection.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

I downloaded and installed U-Realtime. I was able to use the Stream Analyzer for a time (5-10 traces). However, it stopped working and I haven't been able to get it going again. I show two streams from my two STBs on the Channels/Streams tab, but when I flip over to the Analyzer tab, I see the greyed out "No Streams Detected" in the Display Stream box. Status = Ready. If I then hit the Start Analysis button I get "Dectecting Streams" followed by "No Streams were Detected". I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but that didn't fix it. Suspiciously, I think Realitme stopped working after I installed Wireshark and WinPcap 4.1.2. Should it all work together? I'd really like to get this going again as it uncovered some dropped packets, but I've been unable to re-check after making mods to my network config. I'm connected to my RG behind two switches (no intervening routers), but that's the same as it was before. Any ideas? Thanks!

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

13 years ago

They should work together fine.

First, to use the Stream Analyzer, make sure you have hooked your computer up to your network in accordance with the directions and diagrams given on pages 20-22 of the ReadMe file.  If the computer is not hooked up like this, the Stream Analyzer will not detect any streams.

If you want to make sure everything is installed correctly, do this:

- Uninstall U-Verse Realtime

- Uninstall Wireshark

- Uninstall WinPCap

Now reboot and reinstall them in this order:

- Install Wireshark (will install WinPCap along with it)

- Install U-Verse Realtime (it will skip the WinPCap installation since it's already installed by Wireshark)

Scholar

• 

95 Messages

13 years ago

Thanks SJ.

I rechecked the installer with McAfee and Spybot and they found nothing wrong.  So, I told AdAware to ignore the false positive and installed Realtime

U-verse seems to be running well this morning, one freeze in 4 hours and no pixelation.  I have Realtime running. 

Questions:  If my problems haven't re-occured should I just leave it running until (if) they do?  How do I post a screen shot as was suggested by Texasguy in another thread?

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

13 years ago

You can leave it running if you'd like, or you can close it and run it again after any problems occur.  UVRT reads all values from the 2Wire RG, so if problem occur that result in errors in the error table (for instance), UVRT will display those the next time it runs since it reads the error counts from the RG.

To post a screenshot, you just click the Save Screenshot button, which will save it as a .png file.  Then you can post the screenshot here using the Insert Image button in the reply window toolbar.  I think you have to be at least a "Visitor" in rank on this forum to post images, so if you aren't, upload the image to a photo sharing site like Photobucket, ImageShack, Flickr, etc. and them post the link to the photo here.

Employee

• 

3.9K Messages

13 years ago

@sirmaru wrote:

I also read through the U-Verse Realtime Manual and downloaded Version 1.7.  After reading the manual, I still cannot figure out how to use it.  So far I'm just keeping the installation file on my disk but only see a use for it if my system develops some problems.

I can see, if I have problems with U-Verse, it would allow posting of the screens to this forum for help.  However, what if everything is working correctly, do I need that program?  What would I do with it?

Also, I've read here that ATT won't use or discuss it's output.  That's too bad since the main function I could see for it is to use it in discussions with ATT support.

I would suggest running it one time now when you think everything is running well. Then if you ever have problems you have a baseline to compare to the problem run. Even now you may be having problem that Realtime would expose or your set up is great. It is hard to learn how a program works when your system is acting up and you are not a happy camper. Learn to use it when things are calm.

Scholar

• 

244 Messages

13 years ago

Joe,

I'm reading the manual now and studying it before I install Uverse Realtime.  Do the numbers in UVRT correspond to the numbers as monitored by ATT?

Specifically, will the numbers for Line Capacity and Est. Distance from the Vrad be the same from both sources?

Right now I am using the 25/2 Profile but would like to move up eventually to the 32/5 Profile.  Originally, I had been at the 32/5 profile but was having a lot of problems.  After ATT overhauled my wiring, connections, etc. they reduced me to the 25/2 profile and I've had no problems since then other than trying to get back to an error free 32/5.

You mention in your manual that 3,000 feet is the service limit. They tell me I am at 2,900 feet but their usual service limit is 3,400 feet but could extend further using their new Pair Bonding Residential Gateways.  The last ATT Customer Support person I contacted said those new RG's are being reserved only for new customers over 3,400 feet away from the Vrad.

Finally, at the WinPcap site they mention that some versions of their software are unstable and only recommend certain versions.  Does UVRT always install the latest stable version or do I have to go to their site to be sure of the proper version.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.