I've been getting the Internal Server error 500 all day on Uverse when I try to use the SEARCH feature or select "More Showtimes" in order to change the time of a previously scheduled recording of a program. The error also states:
"WebException: The remote server returned an error (500) Internal Servor error" along with "kx: failed to load resource". Sometimes I get the message "Search is temporarily unavailable". Well... just how long is "temporarily"? This has been going on for at least 8 hours. I've already tried rebooting the DVR as well as the router. Neither has resolved the issue. Is there something I can do at my end to fix this or is this a problem at AT&T's end?
This is a public forum and I am a customer just like you. Click kudo if you feel this post is helpful and "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever* *The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
The first time I did the reboots, I rebooted the DVR and when that didn't work, I rebooted the router but that didn't work either. But per your instructions, I just now rebooted the router first, and when it came back up, I rebooted the DVR. That fixed it! Thank you SO much!!
Looks like I spoke too soon. I used the SEARCH function and it worked once. However, the fix was short-lived. When I tried SEARCH a second time, it's right back to the same Internal Server 500 error. Guess I'll be calling Tech Support.
Today the SEARCH is working so I don't know exactly what fixed it. I didn't do anything other than the reboot of the router and then the reboot of the DVR that one time last night. I'm just happy that it's now working.