casclg's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, June 18th, 2014 1:27 AM

Using On-Demand and DVR at the same time

Why am I unable to watch a movie on demand at the same time that my DVR is recording a show. It kicked me out of the movie and told me that the action was unable to be done... something like that.... Would it have anything to do with the 2 wireless boxes in my house?? 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

10 years ago

No, but it could be that you have too many streams going.  One drawback of Uverse is you are limited to 2,3 or 4 HD streams and if you are recording too many shows On Demand will not work and you will need to watch a recording.  On Demand counts as one stream.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

It sounds like you reached your max amount of streams available.  Most get a max of 4 streams, but some depending on the distance from the servicing terminal only get 3, maybe 2.

AT&T U-verse offers up to four streams simultaneously. The types of streams that can be delivered are dependent on the capacity of the network in your area and your subscriptions. Based on the bandwidth of your connection and your account profile, the number of HD (high definition) and SD (standard definition) streams that can play simultaneously may vary. This chart breaks that down:

Chart comparing TV streams by class. Customers who have UV Class 11, also called 4 HD, can watch live 4 HD and no SD programs. They can record or playback 3 HD or 1 SD programs. Customers who have UV Class 10, also called 3 HD, can watch live, record, or playback 3 HD or 1 SD programs. Customers who have UV Class 9, also called 2 HD, can watch live or record 2 HD or 2 SD programs, and can playback 3 HD or one SD programs. Note, playback of 3HD requires one of the HD shows to be played back on the TV connected to the DVR.

To look up the specifications of your account on your U-verse TV, press MENU on your remote and select Options, System Options, System Info then System Resources.

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401042&cv=813#fbid=2zC1N_DCJnc

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@BeeBeeSA wrote:

It sounds like you reached your max amount of streams available.  Most get a max of 4 streams, but some depending on the distance from the servicing terminal only get 3, maybe 2.

AT&T U-verse offers up to four streams simultaneously. The types of streams that can be delivered are dependent on the capacity of the network in your area and your subscriptions. Based on the bandwidth of your connection and your account profile, the number of HD (high definition) and SD (standard definition) streams that can play simultaneously may vary. This chart breaks that down:

Chart comparing TV streams by class. Customers who have UV Class 11, also called 4 HD, can watch live 4 HD and no SD programs. They can record or playback 3 HD or 1 SD programs. Customers who have UV Class 10, also called 3 HD, can watch live, record, or playback 3 HD or 1 SD programs. Customers who have UV Class 9, also called 2 HD, can watch live or record 2 HD or 2 SD programs, and can playback 3 HD or one SD programs. Note, playback of 3HD requires one of the HD shows to be played back on the TV connected to the DVR.

To look up the specifications of your account on your U-verse TV, press MENU on your remote and select Options, System Options, System Info then System Resources.

The OP posted the same question, in another thread.  Not sure why.

At any rate, @Anonymous , I really hate what AT&T calls their profiles xHDxSD, such as 4HD/0SD.  If my wife saw that, she would ask "So Ican't watch any SD channels?"  Seriously.  AND I bet that she would not be alone in asking that.  Why not Max 4HD, Max 3 HD Max 2HD and so on?

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

@dhascall wrote:

@BeeBeeSA wrote:

The OP posted the same question, in another thread.  Not sure why.

At any rate, @Anonymous , I really hate what AT&T calls their profiles xHDxSD, such as 4HD/0SD.  If my wife saw that, she would ask "So Ican't watch any SD channels?"  Seriously.  AND I bet that she would not be alone in asking that.  Why not Max 4HD, Max 3 HD Max 2HD and so on?

I have to agree with you.  The terminology that is used is quite vague and could be confusing to alot of people. 

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@my thoughts wrote:
I would think the offered suggestion is more confusing as sounds like your losing inputs completely versus having type of input changed but always having 4 inputs.

4+0 is ?, 3+1 is ?, and 2+2 is ?
Much better than 4 or 3 or 2.... what happened to the 4.

There are those that are not even aware of 4 inputs limit till they try to exceed them.

Inputs?  Inputs?  I thought we are talking about streams?

Playoffs?  Playoffs?  Playoffs? Smiley Happy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.