Mordi's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, February 3rd, 2013 3:20 AM

Using Belkin @TV to Access DVR Recordings

I purchased a Belkin @TV box at Costco to view live TV and aceess my DVR recordings from my laptop. After following the installation instructions, I am able to watch live TV but have not been able to figure out how to access my DVR recordings. My set top box is a Motorola VIP 2250. Anyone figure this out? Belkin customer service is a joke!

Thanks,

Mordi

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

Mordi - Is your problem that there is no recorded TV on the Belkin remote? THe U-verse recorded TV button is the same as channel 9999. So, you can use the Belkin remote to get to the recorded TV list by entering channel 9999. Then use the arrows & OK button to select your recording to play.

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

There is a whole community dedicated to this device at https://getsatisfaction.com/mytveverywherecommunity User guide at http://www.belkin.com/us/support-article?rnId=7497 Appears that both can answer your question regarding how to make it work.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Ace-Wizard,

Wow - You are a genius! Thanks a million for this tip!

- it worked and I was able to access the dvr recordings.

I also found a remote that looks the same as the Uverse remote.

I am ckecking out the remote right now and it appears that the stop button is not operating - so I am curently trying to figure out how to stop the recorded show.

More later,

Mordi

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

Mordi - Great!
I was looking at reviews etc & saw that you are supposed to be able to match the remote of the targey system - i.e. the u-verse remote. But, a slingbox user just posted that the recorded TV button is not working. I offered him the same suggestion.

Are you talking the stop button or the pause button? The stop button should give you a menu.

Think of the recorded TV as a channel (9999).
You can stop the recording by changing the channel - chan up/down, any channel number, last button. THe problem is when you go back to it you will play the recording from where you left off. Try the menu button to get to the recorded TV list,

I do not understand why some buttons do not function.

Edit - The menu button works to get to the recording list when a recording is "stopped" by going to a different channel.

Also. I put 9999 in my favorites. When I call up the favorites guide channel 9999 shows the name of the show that is "stopped".

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.