Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Upgrade Uverse tv boxes

Employee

Upgrade Uverse tv boxes

I would like to have tv boxes updated they are very slow and don’t have the Dvr capacity that the new ones have .  How do go about doing that ? 

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 2
Employee
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by skeeterintexas
‎12-02-2018 4:59 PM

Re: Upgrade Uverse tv boxes

There is only one DVR in the system... Should be a black unit.

For non 1000 internet accounts the DVR is generally 2250, 7500 or 8005, all with 500G hard drive.

If you have an older gray DVR such as 1216 or 1225 definitely call for replacement.

The receivers are still the same, hardwired would normally be gray 1200 in Motorola markets with wireless being 7005 for 1 or 2 units. If more than 2 wireless have the $49 charge for 7105 or 2500.

What equipment do you have?

Software updates are sent out throughout the year, thus even 5+ old receivers have current software.

Newer, small equipment is available with DirecTv including lower monthly cost than $10 for Uverse receivers.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support