Unresponsive or slow Motorola receiver

Teacher

Unresponsive or slow Motorola receiver

Hello,

Anyone else have the problem where the IR remote that comes with the Motorola receiver is very slow to operate the Motorola unit?  Channel change is slow, selecting Guide is slow, etc.  Even going right up to the receiver with the remote, it can be slow to respond.  I understand the IR remote requires line of sight, how much closer does it have to be if I am inches away from the unit with the remote?  I am not sure that going with the RF remote would alleviate this, surely other folks have this problem?

Thanks,

Message 1 of 20 (3,541 Views)
Voyager

Re: Unresponsive or slow Motorola receiver

That thread shows nothing other than screenshots of memory usage.

My box has been slow for the past two weeks or so. Was sent a new box, but of course that didn't help. Tried different remote, and new batteries.
Message 16 of 20 (2,978 Views)
ACE - Master
Solution
Accepted by BeeBeeSA (ACE - Master)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Have you RESET/RE-BOOTED all of your boxes including the DVR?  This will cause the boxes to update the memory allocation on each box and your problems will be solved.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 17 of 20 (2,954 Views)
Voyager

I only had only rebooted the affected receiver previously. Rebooted all 4 at once tonight and so far so good. Lets see how it goes after 24 hours.

Interestingly enough, during times when it was unresponsive to the remote, the remote feature within the iPad app worked perfectly.
Message 18 of 20 (2,906 Views)
ACE - Master

Glad it helped you out!!  As I mentioned in the other thread, it appears that the amount of memory load seems to cause the boxes to start slowing down.  Once past about 85% things slow down.  This happened before around the 2010 time frame.  The same type of memory allocation was introduced and solved it then too. 

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 19 of 20 (2,869 Views)
Highlighted
Voyager

So the slowness came back a couple of times this weekend.  Both times, I noticed that it started about 10 minutes after I turned on the tv with the wireless receiver in the kitchen.  Within a minute of turning off the wireless tv, the family rooom box started acting normal again.

At first, it makes me think that the wireless receiver is somehow increasing the resource load on the DVR box, which in turn slows down the others. (memory around 80% or so).  That may be possible, but the strange thing is that the slow box acts fine if I used the iPad App as a remote.  I would think that a slow box would be slow, regardless of how it interfaces with the remote control.

Anyone have an issue with the wireless receiver causing slow response on another box???

Message 20 of 20 (2,756 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.