ATTU-verseCare's profile
Community Support

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

Monday, March 20th, 2017 4:14 PM

U-verse Remote Troubleshooting

U-verse Remote.png 

Not to worry! Below are a few things you can do to restore functionality and get back to enjoying your U-verse service!

Before you begin troubleshoot your remote, know this. The remote uses light to send the signal to the receiver. If anything is blocking the receiver, this can affect functionality of the remote. Even tempered glass in some entertainment centers can interfere with the signal. We recommend having the receiver placed in an area that is free and clear of obstructions. Also, turning the brightness down on the TV can resolve some signal issues. Remember, the remote uses a “light signal!”

Replace The Batteries

When is the last time you changed the batteries?  Bad batteries is the most common cause of remote failure. If they have not been replaced in some time, we recommend replacing them. If the issue persists, check out the troubleshooting steps below.

Reset The Receiver

Sometimes resetting the receiver restores remote functions. Press and hold the power button until the receiver restarts.

Program The Remote

In rare instances, the remote has to be reprogrammed. Check out this link for step-by-step instructions for your remote.

Replace The Remote

If the above does not help, you may need to replace/order a new remote. Log into your account at att.com to order a new remote. If you need further assistance getting a new remote, chat with our teams here.

There Is An App For That!

Did you know you can use your smart device as a remote? There is an app for that! Click here to learn more about the U-verse Easy Remote and other U-verse apps! 

-ATTU-verseCare

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

1 Attachment

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

7 years ago

Having trouble with your U-verse remote? Check out some helpful information above to get your remote working!

-ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I have been trying to reduce the remote controls I have, so wanted to link the Receiver (Yamaha RX-V673) with the one old remote I have, tried all the codes from all the variations of remotes - no success. 

Is there a solution?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

On the remote for my main TV, the arrow buttons and the "select" button are very sluggish.  These buttons, of course, are the ones I use most often.  Sometimes they work fine; mostly they are slow.  I have gone through the troubleshooting procedure, but the buttons still appear to be wearing out.  I need a replacement remote.  ATT rep said I'd have to pay for a new one.   I don't think this is fair.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

My s20-s1a remote will not let me turn off my tv. All other functions work and I also replaced my batteries. What's up with this?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

My S20-S1A remote will not let me turn off the tv when I am finished watching tv. I have replaced the batteries. Could there be a issue with my ISB7005 receiver?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.