micj96's profile

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

Tuesday, September 26th, 2017 10:58 AM

U-verse DVR Recording Shows I Did Not Request

On multiple occasions, the DVR starts recording a series I did not ask it to record. Also, there have been series I have set up to record that disappear. It's like it has a life of it's own. I think all of the series that it spontaneously starts recording are SD channels. Most concerning to me now, it that I have a charge for an On Demand Event that I nor my wife (only 2 people that live in the house, no visitors at the time of the charge) ordered.

I have tried talking to billing and they say the only way an On Demand Event can be ordered is through the tv, so I must have done it and must pay the charge. It's infuriating and actually a little scary. Is it possible that someone has hacked my system or wires crossed at the node that is giving someone access to my system?

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

7 years ago

Guess there is no "edit" on this forum, so I will reply to myself.

Had a Chat Session with AT&T U-Verse TS. He was very helpful and accommodating. He checked my DVR from his end and diagnosed it as being defective and "not receiving signal properly....due to a synchronization issue which is not receiving the command as per the router schedule. So they are shipping me a new DVR and that is supposed to solve the issue of the DVR having a "mind of it's own". He also verified that he did not see any On Demand purchases by me and the charge would be removed from my bill.

I will update here if this does not fix the problem. But if it does, kudos to TS Chat!!!!

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

I am not sure how the scheduling could be affect by a "defective" dvr since the schedule information is not even stored on the dvr.  It will be interesting to see it your problem is fixed with a replacement dvr.

As for editing posts here, click on the three vertical dots in the upper right of your post to bring up a menu which will allow you to edit that post.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I am having the exact same issue.  DVR is recording random shows and has made an Pay-Per-View purchase that I did not make.  My fiber and uverse install is 2 weeks old.  I noticed the DVR recordings two days after install.  At first I started deleting them, but I have just stopped so I might have a TS diagnose.  I called the 800 ATT CS, but they claim no issue and this is not possible.  They did credit me the Pay-Per-View charge, but I think I may have to cancel within the first 30 days if we cannot get this sorted out.  I think the DVR or account is duplicated with someone else's account or there is a backend data issue\crossover if all settings are stored at AT&T.

AT&T: Feel free to contact me.

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

6 years ago

Update: replacing the DVR solved the problem.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Same exact issue here, i got really rude, called multiple times, finally spoke with upper management that credited me in September. I told him the next time this happens I can just disable the payper view( which is something they can do, and I will purchase movies on amazon or Apple TV. Yesterday ( on Christmas) I went to check if a movie was set to record in a few days and someone scheduled a UFC fight ( same issue we got charged with 1st Time) and so I deleted it and called immediately, some tech guy told me he “upgraded my security firmware since it wasn’t done in September and assured me it wouldn’t happen again, I said if it does I will sue ATT. I don’t normally talk like that but I had xfinity for 10 years or more and NEVER had this issue. I changed due to my neighbor being an ATT worker for like 20 years now. I am not impressed and have only been a customer since August.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Well inhad same issue and it happened on 2 different DVR’s so I would watch your bill and recordings

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.