For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
JenkinsEar's profile

Mentor

• 

63 Messages

Tuesday, May 14th, 2019 3:06 PM

U-verse Cisco receiver inoperative - TV shows "No Signal"

Cisco rU-verse receiver is connected to TV via HDMI and to network wirelessly.  After powering ON both remote and TV, the TV will intermittently show "No Signal" and receiver-generated screens (such as three dots, and "U-verse unavailable at this time ...") messages.  Link shows solid green.

I have rebooted, in succession, gateway, DVR, WAP, and receiver/TV.  Still same results.

Have swapped out receiver with an identical model, and all works fine.  Have swapped out just the TV and continue to experience  the problem .

I feel quite sure that the problem lies within the receiver somehow.  Or could there be something marginally/intermittently wrong with the TV HDMI adapter? Are there settings in the receiver that might be causing this problem?

Any suggestions?

Mentor

• 

63 Messages

5 years ago

Might also add that I've swapped HDMI cables, as well.  Have also unplugged DVR to remove possibility that some file corruption there may be causing the problem. None of these changed the symptoms.

I note that when the receiver is powering up, the TV will show that the HDMI interface appears to be at 480 SD.  Once it reports "no signal" it then appears to attempt a reboot, and the TV then shows "780 HD".  TV then reports "No signal" and message is then displayed about "Uverse is not available.." [Liar! Liar! Pants on fire!].   If I don't do anything, the whole process is repeated ad infinitum.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.