krehus55's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, July 12th, 2017 9:22 AM

U-Verse will not find programs with 4 word titles

I have found that if you try to program the DVR for a program that has only four characters in the word, the search program will not be able to find it.  Programs like Turn and Will have to be programmed manually and then the program shows that this is the program shown at that time.  This appears to be a coding problem that needs to be fixed.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

Are you talking about when you press menu on the remote and then search?  If so, using your examples work for me.  If you enter, say, "turn" as the search string, the resulting list will display everything that is or contains the string "turn" (sd, hd, on demand) .  Move the cursor into the list (right arrow) and either use the down arrow to scroll down one at a time or the +- page down to move down a screen at a time until you find the exact title "turn".  Press OK and the display will show all the scheduled episodes.  Pick one of them to schedule it or set it up for series record.

This kind of searching is inconvenient but it's the best you can expect with the remotes we have to enter search strings.

While there are problems with the current UI that needs to be fixed (like losing the current selected position in Favorites when you get Info on a selection) IMO there is no bug with this searching interface.

FWIW, is all the years I've had uverse, I can't even remember the last time I needed to do a manual scheduled record.  The only time I ever need to manually override the existing scheduling is for something like a tennis match where I don't trust the scheduled end time to be enough so I add an hour or two just to be safe I get it all.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

7 years ago

The only issue I can find (I used "Turn" as my example), is that when you click Any Day, Any Time, it doesn't set those recordings up. 

This series is repeated numerous days & times on AMC, but the DVR will only record certain episodes and not others.  I'm not sure why but it could be the titling of the episodes.  The DVR recognizes some episodes but not all.   The solution would be to set up separate Series recordings to be sure to catch them all if that's the objective.

But the search feature does find the series.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.