For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
gus5104's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, April 27th, 2017 11:34 PM

Tv service cuts out have to reboot constably

Tv service and internet cuts out have to reboot constantly. It even does it at the exact same time every night on top of it also constantly doing it through out the day. Techs come out and give us dumb excuses, blame us, our house or our kids. Nothing is fixed. We gave up. Other providers in the area are 100 times worse. Then for no reason for 7 months it stops doing it. We didn't change a single thing. No settings were changed, no new equipment or services added, no changes to the house in any way, no new kids (thankfully lol) and no techs have come out for 2 months prior to the 7 months of no issues. Now we are right back where we started. Constantly reboot receivers, DVR, gateway and modem and nothing helps. Haven't moved equipment EVER yet we are told when we call for help that we should move it, that's the problem. Then we say we move it because we know that's not the issue and they tell us we moved it and that's why it's screwed up. Sick of it. We just get excuses or they blame everything under the sun instead of taking responibilty. We see in these forum that it's happening to a ton of other customers. We mention it and we get told it's not true. After all this we ask for discounts or to have our bill lowered since the service is crap and they say they can't do anything or they give us 12 months of free HD channels (we were supposed to already have HD free when we signed up for service) they give us the HD and it never works either! Angry and tired of the lies. Can anyone help or does anyone else have the same issues??? FYI I have experience in this area. Over 8 years of wifi/equip maintenance and some programming skills. I grew up in California a few miles from Silicon Valley. I actually messed around with a computer that was connected to the "first" version of the internet and I have had my hands on and In equipment for the internet since I was a child and wifi since its birth! I am very familiar with the internet, wifi, the equipment etc and I am very familiar with its issues. AGAIN in case AT&T reads this I know how his junk works and I know it is the service coming into our home that is the problem not the house, kids, neighbor, little green aliens or some random lie they make up to shut us up! PLEASE HELP! Before I end up losing my mind! I should just try and fix it myself! I would probably be better off or electrocute myself, probably both! Fixed the first few issues myself because AT&T tech wouldn't listen! It took me 5 minutes. They sent 4 techs out and never changed a thing!

Community Support

• 

231.4K Messages

7 years ago

Hi @gus5104,

Sorry to read of the trouble you are having. Is the modem plugged into a surge protector power strip? These have been known to cause loss of services. 

Also, where is the modem located? On carpet? In a cabinet?

Let us know, we are here to help!

-ATTU-verseCare

-ATTU-verseCare

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

I have similar experience. AT&T seems totally incapable of making U-Verse work. I moved into this house March 6th. Today will be service call number 8. They have switched the pairs I am on, buried new drop cable, switched which port I connect to, rewired from demarc to jack, changed jack, changed gateway (5286) changed gateway power supply. Removed splices in drop cable, fiddled with filters on demarc. It will run a few hours and crash. If I reset the gateway it usually comes back. One of their {keep it courteous} customer (non)support ***** even said that I should just reboot the gateway a few times a day. I'm at wit's end here. I need this crap to work but I'm not feeling like these ***** know what they are doing. They keep promising some high level tech to come out, for over six weeks, nothing yet, just the usual guys. And I don't fault them. It's the idi*ts in management at AT&T that are at fault for not giving these guys the tools to do any more than swap crap around. Is there ANYONE I can contact an AT&T to get this fixed? They need to take FiOS lessons. At that house I have in NJ the service went on, and never, ever, ever hiccuped. I need these for security cameras. FiOS is rock solid. They are fiber. What's up with AT&T? too  cheap to replace this old plant with fiber? Maybe jettison a few overpaid VP's and CEO's and you can replace this old crap. 

What is up with AT&T? *****

I have Spectrum cable as an alternate. 100mbps, same price as the loser-AT&T 48 mbps(when it works, which is almost never). Why did I go out of my way to get AT&T? They still have (if you ask the right***** there) static IP address blocks. I have not taken that yet, I have no faith they can make this crap work. 

George[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Crowley, TX

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

As I have said in my post I know a lot about the equipment and how it all works. It is not plugged into a power strip that would cause a problem. It is not on carpet it is on a stand that's wooden by itself. No other items, decorations of equipment with it.
It is not close to anything that runs on electricity, no other items are plugged into that outlet. The last tech said our house wasn't grounded after we showed him and gave him copies of an inspection done by a certified electrician. There are no wiring problems, fuse box and everything that goes with it has been checked and double checked. We paid over $1,000 to have this house inspected in every way possible and found that nothing is wrong in our home. Techs say every time it's our house. It's not our house. It was built in late 80's. it does not have lead paint, the walls are not an issue. We have done everything we can on our end to fix this. Other than selling or moving I don't see a solution. Unless someone checks outside, street, lines, exchange boxes and finds an error there. Which we were told they have already done but only one time time a test was run on those boxes did it effect our device. Other time it did nothing. We gave up trying to get it fixed and we thought since the service is terrible maybe we could at least have our bill lowered. NO what did we get? We got a higher bill once a few tiny discounts were expired. That's not the way I'm used to being treated by AT&T. I've had cell service through AT&T since 2002 and never had a problem. That's why we went with you for internet and Tv. We pay close to $250 per month and on a daily basis we have issues. Tv has to be rebooted, DVR too so we lose recordings or miss them, my kids use internet for school and at times it goes stupid and no matter what device (cell phone, laptop, tablet) it's so slow they can't get anything done. Then a few minutes later it's running like someone gave it crack! We have been told too many devices on the wifi. REALY? Do I look that stupid! If it can't handle 3 cellphones and one laptop then what the heck are we paying for? The bill is too high for this terrible service. If my oldest wasn't working her rear ended off trying to graduate early and be accepted to a veterinary college and my youngest dying to learn everything about everything and taking advance online classes (she's in 1st grade) then I literally would tell you to cancel everything and neve contact us again. You know we are stuck. You know the service is crap and you know it's not us or our house. Those are all facts. If AT&T would have at least attempted to make it right or given us a lower bill since we don't get what we pay for anyway it wouldn't be so bad but nothing has been done and we get lied to and mistreated. I don't know why I wasted my time to reply this. I know what the answer is and I know there will never be a resolution. The best we can hope for is another provider coming into our area that isn't junk and switch and hope we don't have the same issues

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

FYI now my DVR is recording the a shows. It isn't even recording at the correct time. At least it gets the channel right. It also shows in the recording menu under scheduled that either it is recording a single show multiple times or nothing at all. I am sure you will say it is the DVR. I am slo sure you will say reset or reboot the DVR. I already have and I am sure if I call tech support they will say the same. They always tell me to reboot. I'm not rebooting the entire system again. I would have to do it daily and no one wants that. Last time I called tech support of these issues I said I reboot everything. The person on the phone said that I had not. He said it shows the DVR has never been rebooted. That his system said it has been connected and powered on for months. NOT EVEN POSSIBLE. Unless the DVR has become some sort of transformer and he the ability to power itself without a cord or battery. We have had several power outages in this area due to storms. So it hasn't been powered on constantly for months.

On another subject.....I've also noticed that lots of people are posting in these forums that Uverse is being phased out for Direct TV/satellite service. As far as I know I have a contract. So if the Uverse name is all that will change fine whatever. If the service itself will go away we have a serous problem. Usually these rumors turn out to be bored childish internet junkies trying to stir things up. If it is true why haven't customers been notified? Not that. Name change will really make a difference but removing service will. If your trying to push people over to Direct Tv know that we refuse! Flat out! Direct Tv can't handle their own junk. And the Att/Direct tv merger or whatever you call it was a giant disaster at lest at first and I doubt it was a problem for just us. We attempted 4 time to have Direct Tv service installed because it was cheaper. 4 times they sent techs out and EVERY TIME. They attempted to install service and equip that we did not sign up for. We specifically said we wanted the same service we had with Uverse. The same mount of wireless boxes and a single DVR. No matter who we called or how many times we called we were told via phone that it was a misunderstanding and that another tech would come and install the correct service. You see they wanted another $100 for wireless boxes or they wanted to put holes in the walls of my home to install regular boxes. No no no no no no no! 4 times and no one could get it right! And I'm supposed to believe the service will be better than the Uverse I have. Haha no that's funny. So considering that we have been LOYAL ATT customers who have ALWAYS paid our bill early or on time, keeping our end of the deal when you have not at all. The entire time having service that is a joke and charged way too much money for something we cant even use, will we ever get our Uverse Tv fixed, or a huge refund for all the time we paid when service didn't work or at least a dang discount a huge one? If you go anywhere else and they give you broken or faulty items you can take them back and get a refund unless it says no refunds. I don't see that on our paperworks so what's up with that?

I apologize if this message is confusing. I have two kids, a husband, in-laws and a 21,000 sq ft home I take care of daily on my own. I barely have time to use the bathroom so messgwes like this are squeezed in whenever I'm not doing a million things at once. Thanks for that by the way. Adding this to my daily drama made my life so much more fun......sarcasm, just in case there was confusion. Had a tech think I was serious once.

Community Support

• 

231.4K Messages

7 years ago

Hi @gus5104,

We are sorry about the issues you are having, but we will be glad to help. Do you notice issues with just the TV service, or is with all the services in your house? If just the TV, is it possible to move the DVR to another location in the house to see if there is just issues with just that one area it is?

-ATTU-verseCare

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

All services have issues. The internet is slow and cuts out same as the tv. The DVR itself is not the issue. If there was a pattern to the madness other than rebooting at 3 am then I could see how it would be a problem. All our boxes have been replaced including gateway etc. it's not inside the house that includes the equipment. If it was the equipment or where the equipment is placed it would not have problems (same exact problems no matter what equipment they change out) for 2 years and then for no apparently reason suddenly stop having issues for 7 months when nothing inside our home was moved, everything stayed exactly where is had been. No techs came out to our home. As far as we saw no Att van near the main box up the street from our house. 7 months of good service and a few months of great service when we had internet only that's all we have had in almost 4 years. We get so busy that making a phone call to tech support 10 times a week every time we have an issue isn't possible. I don't see how else to explain to your company that the problem is not in our home. One of your techs said our house isn't grounded. He said he knew because he looked. He was wrong. I don't know if he just said that to get the appointment over with or if he truly thought he knew what he was saying. We paid a lot of money to have an electrician come check out entire house and when he was done he asked why we called him out because he found no problems at all. We told him because Att said our house wasn't grounded. He felt sorry for us because we believed your tech and took $100 off the bill. The next time we had a tech come out we gave the results of the inspection to them CLEARLY showing that there are no electrical problems in the house period. FYI this is the second inspection we have had done since we got service from you. A copy of that inspection was also given to a tech as well. We have keep our part of the deal. We pay for decent service, on time and in full. Your job is to provide that service. So far we are still waiting. It's funny how we still pay ontine or early and we still get treated by like we are stupid and can't turn on a box and people show up here basically insulting us and saying it's all our fault, where we put equipment, because our house isn't grounded. Excuses! That all we get! You get all our money! Doesn't seem fair to pay so much for about $25 a month worth or decent service! I don't know what else to tell you except what I have already said multiple times. It is not our house, if it's your equipment then some how some way you have a dozen or so faulty boxes and you decided to only give them to us. I seriously doubt that is even possible for you to do with so many customers all over the country. So unless that exactly the problem that we literally got bad equipment no matter when or who replaced it there's nothing else that can be done inside our home. The problem is outside not inside. But I am sure I'll get another 50 messages with silly questions we have answered 50 times already like....are you sure everything is plugged in? Do you see green light on your receiver or your modem? Are you sure your TV is on? As if we are unable to use equipment we have had for years. Before I call tech support I reboot everything. Then I let it all come back online and check all settings and run the troubles shooter on the TV, my cell phone and laptop so I cover everything. It always says reboot everything which I do ALWAYS before using the troubled shooter. Makes no difference. Im tired of rebooting it daily. I'm tired of excuses. I'm tired of looking at a $250 bill I have to pay for something that just frustrates me to no end. Sadly I can't go without internet. I refuse to go with another company who will do this to me and charge the same anyway. Not to mention the fact that the other companies in this area are worse than att. Again I reply to another message desperately hoping this time I'll get asked a question that will help or given advice that will fix this. It never happens yet I still answer. It's sad really.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.