Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Transfer shows from DVR to Computer/flash dive

Contributor

Transfer shows from DVR to Computer/flash dive

Is there an EASY way to transfer what's on my DVR to my computer or to a flash drive? I'm not very tech savvy so the easiest possible way is best. I have a bunch of shows on there that aren't available to watch online and I recorded them so I could use them in the classroom. As a teacher on a limited budget, I really can't pay to rent or buy all the science/history based shows I've recorded. Thanks for the help!!

Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by skeeterintexas
‎06-02-2017 7:11 AM

Re: Transfer shows from DVR to Computer/flash dive

No licensing will not let you copy or share programs recorded from DVR.

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 4
ACE - Expert

I have a thought and a soft place for (overworked and underpaid) teachers. 

IF you could get your hands on a VCR and some VHS tapes (this might be impossible), hook up the VCR to the TV with Uverse TV service, play the program on said TV and record it onto a VHS tape.  It would be easy enough to hook the VCR to a TV in your classroom (do they still have TVs in classroom?).

WARNING:  Expect your students to either laugh or ask "what is that?" when you pull out a VHS tape.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 4
ACE - Expert

Playing back the dvr into a vcr does indeed work.  I just verified it.  I still have an old dvd/vcr combo player set up, so just re-verified because I knew it worked when I originally set it up up more than 8 years ago.  I kept it connected because it's the only physical dvd player I have!  Man Happy  But these days I can just use the dvd player on my computer which is also attached to my tv.  It's quite a rats nest of wires behind my tv. Smiley LOL

This is a public forum and I am a customer just like you. If you find this post helpful in solving your problem then feel free to kudo it. If it is also the solution then consider clicking "Accept as Solution".
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support