For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
KindleHoarder's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, June 2nd, 2017 2:48 AM

Transfer shows from DVR to Computer/flash dive

Is there an EASY way to transfer what's on my DVR to my computer or to a flash drive? I'm not very tech savvy so the easiest possible way is best. I have a bunch of shows on there that aren't available to watch online and I recorded them so I could use them in the classroom. As a teacher on a limited budget, I really can't pay to rent or buy all the science/history based shows I've recorded. Thanks for the help!!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

7 years ago

No licensing will not let you copy or share programs recorded from DVR.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

7 years ago

I have a thought and a soft place for (overworked and underpaid) teachers. 

IF you could get your hands on a VCR and some VHS tapes (this might be impossible), hook up the VCR to the TV with Uverse TV service, play the program on said TV and record it onto a VHS tape.  It would be easy enough to hook the VCR to a TV in your classroom (do they still have TVs in classroom?).

WARNING:  Expect your students to either laugh or ask "what is that?" when you pull out a VHS tape.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

Playing back the dvr into a vcr does indeed work.  I just verified it.  I still have an old dvd/vcr combo player set up, so just re-verified because I knew it worked when I originally set it up up more than 8 years ago.  I kept it connected because it's the only physical dvd player I have!  Man Happy  But these days I can just use the dvd player on my computer which is also attached to my tv.  It's quite a rats nest of wires behind my tv. Smiley LOL

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.