NorthLineTony's profile

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

Sunday, January 19th, 2014 5:31 AM

Closed

Are you allowed to trade a wired STB for a wireless STB?

Are you allowed to trade a wired STB for a wireless STB?

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

10 years ago

thanks for your reply.

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

10 years ago

is the $49 charge for theWAP or if there is an even exchange of wired to wireless will there be no charges/fees?

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

10 years ago

The $49 charge is basically for getting the WAP set up on an existing account whether you're adding an extra box, or swapping out a wired.

I think you can install wireless receivers on your initial install without a fee (because it often simplifies what the installer needs to do from a wiring perspective and speeds the install).

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

10 years ago

I think that I can install everythingf myself. If there's an even exchange between the wired and wireless STB's, no problem. But if I have to pay 49 bucks for the WAP, that's another thing. Thanks for your answer,Jeff.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

10 years ago

Yep, $49 to switch (self-install), $99 more for the truck roll if you were to need that.

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

10 years ago

Good news. I live chatted today about the wireless stb. They waived the $49 fee. I guess it's because I have the U300 service. Says it should be here by Wednesday.

Community Support

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi NorthLineTony,

That is great to hear that you were able to upgrade your receiver, and the representative was able to assist you in getting this done. Let us know how it goes.

Also, if you encounter any issues with your wireless receiver, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.