Total home DVR Phase 2

Total home DVR Phase 2

i just got an Update to my boxes and I can erase and schedule recordings to the DVR from my back bedroom Hooray
Message 1 of 448 (6,751 Views)
Explorer

Re: Total home DVR Phase 2

Yep. got it here in Leander, TX as well. :smileyvery-happy:
Message 2 of 448 (920 Views)
Scholar

Please let us know what else you discover.
Message 3 of 448 (920 Views)
ACE - Master

Not working in San Antonio, TX.  YET!!:smileysad:

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 448 (920 Views)
Teacher

How do you know when you get an update? I can't do that on mine yet. I'm in Connecticut.
Message 5 of 448 (920 Views)
Mentor

Here is what I know so far.  I happened to be up when this update hit here last night.

Got a nice screen that said "Hello" then it went back to normal.

The guide is different.  Looks 'cleaner' if you will.  You can now also go 'back' and get on the channel name, press ok, and it will bring up a listing of what is coming on for that one channel for the day.

You can erase DVR recordings from any STB in the house now.  But, you still can only pause live TV from the main DVR.  I believe the ability to pause from all TV's will be rolled out as part of THDVR Phase 3.

Media Share is not part of this update.....yet.  From what my insiders tell me, the Austin/Central Texas UVerse market should see media share no later then 6/23 of this month.

Thats all I have seen so far.  Not sure when this will be rolled out to other areas yet.

Message Edited by txskeets on 06-09-2009 06:39 AM
Message 6 of 448 (920 Views)
Expert

Screen shots, show us some screen shots.
Message 7 of 448 (920 Views)
ACE - Master

Good info txskeets!  Yes I also would like to see screenshots but I wouldn't even know how to upload them.

I'm in Indy, IIRC it was about 3-4 weeks (is that right?) before we saw the initial/Phase 1 rollout.  Can someone correct me on that?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 8 of 448 (920 Views)
Expert

Lost TOTAL sync on EVERYTHING here, TWICE within 10 min. BUT NOTHING. :smileysad:

Must be working on something here. :smileywink:

Message 9 of 448 (920 Views)
Master

did the firmware change as well ?   (would think so )

now hopefully it also addressed other issues  aka  sound drops etc

randy

Message 10 of 448 (920 Views)
Scholar

Anyone outside of Texas get this update yet? 

Message 11 of 448 (724 Views)
ACE - Expert

txskeets wrote:

Here is what I know so far.  I happened to be up when this update hit here last night.

Got a nice screen that said "Hello" then it went back to normal.

The guide is different.  Looks 'cleaner' if you will.  You can now also go 'back' and get on the channel name, press ok, and it will bring up a listing of what is coming on for that one channel for the day.

You can erase DVR recordings from any STB in the house now.  But, you still can only pause live TV from the main DVR.  I believe the ability to pause from all TV's will be rolled out as part of THDVR Phase 3.

Media Share is not part of this update.....yet.  From what my insiders tell me, the Austin/Central Texas UVerse market should see media share no later then 6/23 of this month.

Thats all I have seen so far.  Not sure when this will be rolled out to other areas yet.

Message Edited by txskeets on 06-09-2009 06:39 AM

As to the guide, you could do that for a few months click on the channel and get the whole day's listings (and much more, prob all 14 days, but I  didn't want to do all that clicking-got 3 days ahead).  There was rumored by the techs at uversuers.com that there would be a totally 'new' guide w/the phase 2 download, as others have posted, a screenshot would be nice. :smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-983-2811 to avoid Mr. Voice Recognition
YRMV IMHO

Message 12 of 448 (724 Views)
Expert

Haven't been keeping up, but mine shows 1.6.5686.1
Chris--Would glady send a screenshot if I had the update! :smileysad:

randyl wrote:

did the firmware change as well ?   (would think so )

now hopefully it also addressed other issues  aka  sound drops etc

randy

Message Edited by spd2demun on 06-09-2009 01:12 PM
Message 13 of 448 (724 Views)
ACE - Expert

spd, that's the firmware from phase 1, still have it here in metro Detroit. :smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-983-2811 to avoid Mr. Voice Recognition
YRMV IMHO

Message 14 of 448 (724 Views)
Expert

OK, thanks...figured as much since we don't have new features. :smileysad:
Message 15 of 448 (724 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.