Total home DVR Phase 2

Total home DVR Phase 2

i just got an Update to my boxes and I can erase and schedule recordings to the DVR from my back bedroom Hooray
Message 1 of 448 (6,745 Views)
Expert

Re: Total home DVR Phase 2

That should not have happened.  Did you try to force the update (get the Gear screens to reload the software)?

mw8485 wrote:
Atlanta rec'd update last night :smileyhappy:.  Concerns:Lost all favorites and blocked channels... all have to be reset:smileysad:  also, how do we find out the details of the update (ie. punch list)?  I would like to know if they fixed any other bugs or added any features or will this be a continuous "Where's Waldo"?
Message Edited by mw8485 on 07-10-2009 11:05 AM

Message 436 of 448 (729 Views)
Mentor

did not force update.  it automatically installed overnight.  i realized it when my wife asked why the aspect ratio was at default.

spd2demun wrote:
That should not have happened.  Did you try to force the update (get the Gear screens to reload the software)?

mw8485 wrote:
Atlanta rec'd update last night :smileyhappy:.  Concerns:Lost all favorites and blocked channels... all have to be reset:smileysad:  also, how do we find out the details of the update (ie. punch list)?  I would like to know if they fixed any other bugs or added any features or will this be a continuous "Where's Waldo"?
Message Edited by mw8485 on 07-10-2009 11:05 AM

Message 437 of 448 (729 Views)
Teacher

upower wrote:

BabyDoc wrote:

Phase 2 came last night to the Cleveland suburb , Beechwood, OH.

It looks great!

Does anyone know if this upgrade fixes the intremittant HDMI connection issues that some televisions, particularly some Samsung models,  have with their STB?

I guess I will soon find out.

Message Edited by BabyDoc on 07-10-2009 01:30 PM

It appeared to have fixed the HDMI connection problem with my Samsung TV. I haven't had the problem since I got the update. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Message Edited by upower on 07-10-2009 11:53 AM

I will keep my fingers crossed, too.   The HDMI connection issue has been my only major complaint about U-verse.   If this upgrade really fixes that issue, it will be for me appreciated far more than any of the other enhancements.

The only other thing I would love to add to a wish list for future upgrades would be an improved GUIDE.

Wouldn't it be nice if the Guide offered you a way of grouping channels by topics: sports, news, movies, comedy, educational, shopping, etc.?

I really hate going through 400 channels just to find all the movies that are showing at a particular time. 

Message 438 of 448 (729 Views)
Tutor

Well, after being out of town (Houston), and unplugging everything before I left, I saw the update when I plugged everything back in.  Thought maybe it would finally fix the 5.1 sound issues.  See lots of people who have their problems fixed - unfortunately not mine. 

I have the surround option, but if I use it with the HDMI connection to my Yamaha RX-V1600 Av receiver, I get no sound at all.   If I hook up the optical again, I get intermittent sound - maybe the sound kicks in every 30 seconds or so for a couple of seconds.  Still stuck with 2 ch stereo. 

Worked with comcast cable, and no problems with my Blu Ray player, just the ATT box :smileysad:

Message 439 of 448 (729 Views)
Guru

Did you check your settings at Options->Audio/Language Options->Digital Audio output after the update?
Message 440 of 448 (729 Views)
Scholar

rdstrbkr wrote:

Well, after being out of town (Houston), and unplugging everything before I left, I saw the update when I plugged everything back in.  Thought maybe it would finally fix the 5.1 sound issues.  See lots of people who have their problems fixed - unfortunately not mine. 

I have the surround option, but if I use it with the HDMI connection to my Yamaha RX-V1600 Av receiver, I get no sound at all.   If I hook up the optical again, I get intermittent sound - maybe the sound kicks in every 30 seconds or so for a couple of seconds.  Still stuck with 2 ch stereo. 

Worked with comcast cable, and no problems with my Blu Ray player, just the ATT box :smileysad:

I am not familiar with your particular receiver but you might have to change the audio input if you didn't.

Message 441 of 448 (1,035 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Master

BabyDoc wrote:

I will keep my fingers crossed, too.   The HDMI connection issue has been my only major complaint about U-verse.   If this upgrade really fixes that issue, it will be for me appreciated far more than any of the other enhancements.

The only other thing I would love to add to a wish list for future upgrades would be an improved GUIDE.

Wouldn't it be nice if the Guide offered you a way of grouping channels by topics: sports, news, movies, comedy, educational, shopping, etc.?

I really hate going through 400 channels just to find all the movies that are showing at a particular time. 

Grouping?  Funny you should ask!  The Web Remote (off all things) now has exactly what you are wanting (albeit just sports / kids / movies) but not the Guide.  Go figure! :smileytongue:

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 442 of 448 (1,035 Views)
Teacher

dhascall wrote:

BabyDoc wrote:

Grouping?  Funny you should ask!  The Web Remote (off all things) now has exactly what you are wanting (albeit just sports / kids / movies) but not the Guide.  Go figure! :smileytongue:

What do you mean by "Web Remote"?

Message 443 of 448 (1,035 Views)
Expert

Go to this link, log in using your main UV email address and password, click on Uverse on the right hand side of the screen and you will see the web remote.

http://att.my.yahoo.com/

Message 444 of 448 (1,035 Views)
Professor

RCSMG wrote:

Go to this link, log in using your main UV email address and password, click on Uverse on the right hand side of the screen and you will see the web remote.

Or you can go to http://www.uversecentral.att.com in the TV section click Manage my dvr settings, a box wil appear also asking for your primary UV e-mail address and password. RC's link may be better if you don't have Uverse voice and you don't have manage your phone settings, too.

Message 445 of 448 (1,035 Views)
Teacher

NorthLineTony wrote:

RCSMG wrote:

Or you can go to http://www.uversecentral.att.com in the TV section click Manage my dvr settings, a box wil appear also asking for your primary UV e-mail address and password. RC's link may be better if you don't have Uverse voice and you don't have manage your phone settings, too.

That is assuming you also have AT&T as your ISP. If not you cannot access the web remote option.

Message 446 of 448 (1,035 Views)
Contributor

Works in Coral Springs Florida
Message 447 of 448 (1,035 Views)
Guru

FYI, if you want a more "direct" link to the web remote, you can use http://u-versetv.sbc.yahoo.com instead.  If you're not already signed in to Yahoo with your U-Verse ID/PW, you will be prompted to.  I cannot guarantee that this link will always work, but it's worked for me for quite some time and it's just one less "click" to go through.  :-)

Of course, the same caveat applies as mentioned above: if you don't have U-Verse Internet, you won't be able to access the web remote.

Message 448 of 448 (1,035 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.