Total home DVR Phase 2

Total home DVR Phase 2

i just got an Update to my boxes and I can erase and schedule recordings to the DVR from my back bedroom Hooray
Message 1 of 448
Mentor

Re: Total home DVR Phase 2

Hello people,

Brand new (2 weeks) UVERSE customer here in SA, TX.  I got the phase II update w/new guides and abilities on the 2 STB we have about 5 days ago, but as of this a.m.  STILL nothing with the surround sound menus.  From reading here & other forums the dd 5.1 should take about anther 24 hrs to kick in, but 6 days later and still nothing!!  Is this an issue I should call tier1 or 2 about or just keep waiting??  Thanks very much and this is a wonderful forum for us newbs.  Robert G

Message 226 of 448
Expert

Welcome to UT and UV. :smileywink:

I'd wait as it will come.  Best advice, hang out here and you'll HEAR immediately as people start posting when they get the rest.

Message 227 of 448
Mentor

Thanx for the quick reply demund...Funny, I was actually waiting for a tech to pick up the phone while I was typing and once connected, I explained what I was looking for and she didn't even have a clue about ANY updates at all.  I was like "thank you" and just hung up...Cheers.
Message 228 of 448
Expert

Yeah, best source of info is here...people let you know right away when they see something new!
Message 229 of 448
Mentor

Well, more new news for me...While I was on the phone earlier, the girl must have tried to push it through, I went downstairs to my main box and turned on the tv and had the "gears" showing.  After waiting about 10 mins, restarted and BAM, there it is under the menu options.  Yeah for me...Thanx again.  Robert
Message 230 of 448

bdgriff wrote:
Well, more new news for me...While I was on the phone earlier, the girl must have tried to push it through, I went downstairs to my main box and turned on the tv and had the "gears" showing.  After waiting about 10 mins, restarted and BAM, there it is under the menu options.  Yeah for me...Thanx again.  Robert

You mean the surround sound function? Good for you... It usually comes in after a while, just after getting the new guide and recording feature part of the update.

Message 231 of 448
Tutor

Phase 2 is here in Trumbull CT.  It was waiting for me when I got home.
Message 232 of 448
Mentor

You mean the surround sound function? Good for you... It usually comes in after a while, just after getting the new guide and recording feature part of the update.

Yeah, I knew I had to have a little patience, but 6 days was starting to make me nervous after ALL the issues I've had with customer service and 20 phone calls later trying to get my old phone number from Time warner ported over.  It was nice to get some direct help today from Tier 2.

Message 233 of 448
Tutor

Where in Indy?  I'm on the far westside of the county and don't have it. 
Message 234 of 448
Professor

lmlanning wrote:
Where in Indy?  I'm on the far westside of the county and don't have it. 

BELIEVE ME, WHEN UPDATES COMEto a certain area, not everybody in that area gets it on the same day/night. There were people in towns right next to me who were getting phas1 back in september , one and two nights before i got it.

Message 235 of 448
Guru

Scooterman1 wrote:

What I wonder is, why is AT&T stretching out the updates (Phase 1, 2, & 3).  I know that if they can do one, they could have done all of them at once.  If the Equipment is capable of handling it (it must be or they couldn't do ANY upgrades with downloads), and the Coders know what they are doing, why does AT&T have to act like they have Apple's management, and create so much drama over a long period of time.  I would think they would want to do it as soon as possible in order to attract the most customers away from competetors.  But, people probably don't pay real close attention to the advertisements before converting.  After all, some here didn't find these features were not available until after they subscribed.

I'm as anxious as the next customer but... You've got to have faith in this Company. I believe they know how to handle an update. Not creating drama. IMHO :smileywink: At least it's in Wisconsin now. Packerland (G.B.) Now if it would just work south....

Message 236 of 448

i hope it comes to detorit soon
Message 237 of 448
Highlighted
Scholar

Still nothing here in St. Louis.  :smileysad:
Message 238 of 448
Tutor

Literally updating right now in West St. Louis County (Ellisville).  My daughter came in and said "There's an update for our tv?" and I rolled over and hit "OK".  7% complete.
Message 239 of 448

Nothing here in Reno yet... :smileysad:
Message 240 of 448
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app on your device.
It allows you to troubleshoot in the palm of your hand - quickly and easily!
You will also find some helpful articles below.

Additional Support